Which Nutters cycled in then......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not me.........

-7, both cars frozen, and even had to take the kettle to the garage lock as that had frozen....

Saw very few cyclists, then about 4 near work (better main roads)....:sad:

One bloke (road bike) gingerly cycling down an iced side street....
"Morning..you're brave" I said, "Left mine at home today".... :smile:

Any cyclists I saw were crawling along...didn't look fun at all. :sad:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
-9. -9.

Sod that.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Nope.

Only -3 but thick ice (snowish) on my road. I saw 9 riders in the entire 20 miles into work! and all of them were within a few miles of my office where the roads were not too bad. Saw one guy shaking his hands and rubbing his fingers at the lights looking terribly cold

I do hope to get out this week tho...

interesting.... as the roads were so clear, my car journey only took an hour!! Bonus

I did earlier and I had to stop as my fingertips were numb! The desktop here was -1.5c and the windowcill upstairs -8c! :sad:
I have a temperature gun and have been doing pointy measurements all over. My bike was reading -3 a few minutes ago...it's only weather.
Tip of the day: If you are wearing a buff like a visor, make sure you can rotate it around your face - that way the condensed air doesn't chap your face etc...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
-4 When I left home. Roads are good and free of ice. Not many cyclists though.
My rear brake cable froze so had a little trouble stopping.. Will have to get some grease in there.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Dunno what the temperature is here in Sheffield, but the roads were fine once I made it out of my side street.
For those of you who are feeling the chill, I can highly recommend...
picture

Top Bottom