Which Puncture Proof Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
I need to replace my Conti Sports with a puncture proof set. First choice would be Schwalbe Marathon Plus but Wiggle don't have them in my size (700x25)

The alternatives are Schwalbe Marathon Kevlar Road orContinental Ultra Gator Duraskin; which would you recommend.

And while you are at it, what pump to buy that can handle 100/120psi??

Matty

I've only tried your first choice ............. no problems yet. Got mine from spacycles, cheaper than wiggle and in stock too.

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s142p31

Matt

J-Lo

Hi read my thread on the marathon plus's its had a loads of good comments which will help you decide. Its in the bike parts forum

colinr

Schwalbe Durano Plus would be a more direct puncture-resistant replacement for the Contis than the Marathons. Not cheap though.

jmaccyd

Conti Top Tourings, only available in 28s but run them for years on my winter hack with no punctures until they literally persihed on the wheel and let me down! Only problem, they are heavy and slow, and complete sods to get on and off.

boydj

Legendary Member
Conti GP 4 Seasons. Had them on for nearly 1000 miles now of commuting and longer runs. Very hard-wearing and cut resistant as well as puncture-resistant. Good grip and not too heavy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
boydj said:
Conti GP 4 Seasons. Had them on for nearly 1000 miles now of commuting and longer runs. Very hard-wearing and cut resistant as well as puncture-resistant. Good grip and not too heavy.

+1

Weight wise they are just 20g's heavier than GP4000's and Pro Race. Feel fine and roll well. I'll also back up grippy in all weather, and don't cut up.

Marathon's are very heavy...

monnet

Guru
It depends if you want them just for commuting or for training as well. I've got Bontrager Hardcases which I use for commuting and non training clubruns. They seem to be pretty much bomb proof. They roll well too but they are very heavy (300g, I think).

Trevrev

Veteran
Same as monnet, Bontrager hardcase. I only commute, no leisure cycling for me. They're great in the winter, come rain, shine and even snow. No tread to get stones stuck in that slowly work there way through to the tube.

Top Bottom