Which songs make you cry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Following on from movies, which songs make you weep?
Ebony Eyes - Everly Brothers
Old Tige - Jim Reeves - strange because l don't like dogs
I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus - takes me back to a Christmas when I was about 7, can't remember why
Any Vera Lynn WWII song

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
None of them.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Only 1 song has every bought a lump to my throat. And that was when I watched the Johnny Cash video for Hurt for the first time.

A couple of scenes from the video really got to me.
The first one was when his wife is watching him from the stairs. You can just see the total love for him in her eyes.
The second one is at the end of the song when he closes the piano and runs his gnarled old hands over the lid, you just know that he knows it was probably the last time he would play that piano.

A few 'singers' make me want to.

Especially at karaoke nights when they murder ballads.......

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
OK I'll fess up!

Five years ago... driving back from Birmingham on the M1 after leaving our son at The Chamberlain Tower when "Father and Son" [Cat Stevens] came on... then,
Three years ago...listening to "Slipping through my fingers" [Abba]: sitting on our daughter's bed after she'd gone off to university.

I'm an old softie really. :cry:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Comfortably Numb ---Pink Floyd, the lines----When I was a child, i caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look but it was gone, i cannot put my finger on it now, the child has grown, the dream has gone, I have become comfortably numb. Gets me every time I play that track. Especially after half a bottle of red.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Comfortably Numb ---Pink Floyd, the lines----When I was a child, i caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look but it was gone, i cannot put my finger on it now, the child has grown, the dream has gone, I have become comfortably numb. Gets me every time I play that track. Especially after half a bottle of red.

Scissor Sisters version is much better.. more upbeat, more fun, more jolly..:whistle:^_^

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Doesn't really make me cry, but I find "I Would Give Everything I Own" by Bread quite plaintive. It was one of the first songs I remember liking as a child, although I think that was the reggae cover.

Top Bottom