Which TdF favourites don't dope?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buddfox

Veteran
Wiggins is talking a good race this year; the competition among the 'defiinitely not doping' riders could be close. If the drugs testers have got something up their sleeve there might even be a surprise winner.

The above quote is taken from the Schleck vs Contador thread but it prompted me to wonder (and I didn't want to go off topic there) - who are the "definitely not doping" riders? I've always wondered if any of the current crop of British riders are not clean. It would surprise and disappoint me if one or more turned out to be, but having followed cycling for a few years now, I've learned not to expect anything! Views seem to be that Wiggo is clean but who else? And why do we think Wiggo is clean compared to the others?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Lance has never failed a drug test.....?:whistle:

If he hasn't, how would we know about anybody else?

Stephenite

Membå
Well, this can only be a IMHO thread as we cannot know for certain. But... I would very surprised and disappointed if any of the norwegian riders knowingly doped. A tiny smidgin less surprised and more disappointed if any British did. A bit general sorry.

JohnHenry

Loose member.
If one of the excuses explanations is that "the drugs were in my food and all food contains drugs" I think everybody on the Tour could test positive on some level at some time.

GM crops, "boosted" meat and poultry - who is safe? Whether you "knowingly" take drugs or not - the possible results are the same.

In the words of Private Frazer - "we're all doomed".

raindog

er.....
Nobody knows. Look round the bike racing forums where threads like this crop up every day. People tend to accuse riders they don't like of beng dopers, and insist their favourites are clean. It's all bollox really.
biggrin.gif

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Do the Sprinters dope?
We know what you are trying to say!

Ben Johnston only had to run 100 metres and he doped, it's not just confined to endurance athletes. Trying to guess who is clean and who isn't is impossible if you know the history of the sport.

yello

It seems almost by default or definition that if someone's a favourite then someone somewhere will think they're doping.

Personally, I don't think any off the favourites are doping.....

Top Bottom