White Knights Road Club rider in Sheffield nr Decathlon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You, sir, in your fancy gear and expensive shades, on the Tricross in your White Knights shorts

The fat bloke in cheap sweat pants on a bitsa with panniers and bouncy forks still passed you a few junctions on...

..Despite the fact that you

• Barged your way between two slower cyclists at a stop line (they had the temerity to stop at the line when traffic was crossing), holding me up as you forced the other cyclist wide, and I'm not so arrogant so I waited to allow the BSO pootler space to move back over to the left
  • Went straight through the red light opposite Decathlon as I stopped and waited
  • Made an illegal right turn across a junction to take a shortcut, whilst I went the longer way around, including a slow section of shared facility
Yet I still cleared the junction at the bottom of London Road before you as you went to turn up Cemetary Road

So you're not that fast, despite being arrogant and obstructing/barging others and generally being the stereotype of the "lycra lout"

Perhaps I upset you by being away in front of you at the lights near B&M, but then, I look around and check I'm not obstructing people before moving in/out. Or perhaps you wanted to pass the taxi whilst I was being more patient? Still, the bloke on the outside at the junction was having a mutter...he'd not "done anything"

Rant over. Just in case this is read by someone matching the description.

corshamjim

Somehow I suspect the person in question is at home 'reading' Max Power magazine. :rolleyes:

Adasta

From their website there only appears to five of them in the club, you could check out the mugshots a put a name to that Tricross rider.

White Nights

I just read about "Pete". His (obviously) self-written page makes him sound like a bit of a plum. Maybe it was him?

You know, from reading the commuter section, it seems like us commuters tend to leave lycra clad racers on expensive kit dead - do you find that many racers go past you. (I have one, although the kit he wears is old Team GB so I don't know if he has a club and just likes wearing vanity kit)

BSRU

A Human Being
I do not usually see any lycra clad racers on expensive kit commuting to work.
I'm normally a lycra clad commuter on a cheap hybrid but sometimes if there's no chance of rain I become a lycra clad commuter on an expensive bit of kit, subsided by C2W.:tongue:

I do not usually see any lycra clad racers on expensive kit commuting to work.
I'm normally a lycra clad commuter on a cheap hybrid but sometimes if there's no chance of rain I become a lycra clad commuter on an expensive bit of kit, subsided by C2W.:tongue:

I didn't say that had to be commuting, but if I leave work late I do go past the odd racer pushing it on a route whilst I'm commuting.

Gandalf

Veteran
Why oh why did I have to click on that link? I'm now suffering from acute nausea and possibly retinal damage :stop:

Top Bottom