White Lives Matter Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

MntnMan62

Oh yes, undoubtedly..

The silent ones, the undecided even.

As others have said, we're going to struggle to reach the entrenched.

But I've had the odd message from behind the scenes.. Not just here, but elsewhere too, where someone has said :

"Thanks for posting, or voicing that, it was useful, made me think"
Interesting. I've never received such messages. I suppose my delivery is far too incendiary for most.

Last edited:

newfhouse

Elitist lefty
I too would love to see one person change their mind or admit they were wrong
OK, I’ve changed my mind. I think we should leave things exactly as they are. Happy now?

(Not really :okay:)

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
OK, I’ve changed my mind. I think we should leave things exactly as they are. Happy now?

(Not really :okay:)
that they Agree with me was implicit!

that would be a Disheartening PM to receive but have never received a response either way. Not due to an incendiary nature though, Im very diplomatic apparently but I don’t see it myself

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Interesting. I've never received such messages. I suppose my delivery is far to incendiary for most.
Oh I expect they're probs just buttering me up, in the hope of a cycle touring hook up, some free organic veg, yoga classes, or a go on my tractor really ;)

Or maybe even a play with my Mad Max stylee flame weeder..

Next job up on the list.

Last edited:

Brads

Very much so you are allowed to have a different opinion, and anyone of us can respectfully challenge that opinion too - thats how free speech works right?

So long as we don't tip over into 'hate speech' which is quite rightfully, illegal in the UK - and so long as we don't 'get personal' thats not allowed here on CC.

Of course it is also your right to ignore this, or anyone else's subsequent questioning, as to your meaning - its frustrating for us - but hey so is much of life ..

But i wonder could you possibly take the trouble to explain to me in simple terms, what if anything you object to, in the BLM message ?

Not just for me here - but it will help to understand in general.

The BLM is basically saying that currently (and historically) black lives haven't and still don't 'matter' as much as white lives.

That racism still very exists in this country, and elsewhere, and that we need to do something about it.

And that black lives should matter as much ( but not more) than anyone else's lives - but sadly now at the moment they don't appear to.

Thank you in advance for any help offered :okay:

Who said I disagree with the message ? Please try not to make assumptions about other posters.
I simply stated people can choose to disagree with others views and there explanations of those views.

For the record, the self righteous ramming down the throat of the bandwagon jumping masses is what makes people turn against a message.

That and using a message as an excuse to cause mayhem.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Who said I disagree with the message ? Please try not to make assumptions about other posters.
I simply stated people can choose to disagree with others views and there explanations of those views.

For the record, the self righteous ramming down the throat of the bandwagon jumping masses is what makes people turn against a message.

That and using a message as an excuse to cause mayhem.
OK all that wasn't clear from your message.

Thanks for the clarification.

dodgy

Legendary Member
I don't anyone would disagree with that. How about this, do you:

1. Think white people, in general, are treated worse by the police/society and in general, have fewer opportunities to progress
2. Think black people, in general, are treated worse by the police/society and in general, have fewer opportunities to progress
3. Think everyone right now is equal, so let's just move on

I can't figure out a simpler way of asking.
Must be a more difficult question than I anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom