White Lives Matter Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, the same folk that are for brexit seem to be the same folk who think white lives matter. It says a lot to me.

Ps, I'm pissed now.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾
So now you're implying turning it around proves you an ''massive racist''? That is off course BS. But it it also besides the point, my point racism is wrong not matter if you put it down to white/black/orange etc. Even if you would accept that the black/white relation would be asymmetric. I mean it's completely ridiculous to accept racism because you claim the group being discriminated is entitled to that racism for whatever reason it's just not acceptable no matter how you twist it, because if you do who are you to deny other to do the same?
Eh? One of us is clearly not explaining ourselves very well.

So, just so I'm absolutely clear on this and we all know where I stand. I believe that taken in the current climate and in the context of the Black Lives Matter movement, the phrases 'All Lives Matter' and 'White Lives Matter' are offensive and racist. They are racist phrases and the people who use them are racists.

But... before anybody gets cross and replies to this post, at least do me the courtesy of reading the rest of my contributions to the thread, including the one where I describe myself as racist. A single word covers a wide spectrum of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviours, not all of which are intended or even conscious. Nuance, you see?

OP
Landsurfer

Landsurfer

May the Road Rise With You.

So, just so I'm absolutely clear on this and we all know where I stand. I believe that taken in the current climate and in the context of the Black Lives Matter movement, the phrases 'All Lives Matter' and 'White Lives Matter' are offensive and racist. They are racist phrases and the people who use them are racists.

But... before anybody gets cross and replies to this post, at least do me the courtesy of reading the rest of my contributions to the thread, including the one where I describe myself as racist. A single word covers a wide spectrum of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviours, not all of which are intended or even conscious. Nuance, you see?
I've read all of your posts and totally disagree with your stance. I look forward to seeing the next bandwagon you leap onto.

I've read all of your posts and totally disagree with your stance. I look forward to seeing the next bandwagon you leap onto.
I can't speak for @winjim, but I am devastated to learn that someone with "All Lives Matter" proudly emblazoned on their profile disagrees with the stance "All Lives Matter is a racist dogwhistle"

dutchguylivingintheuk

Nah, it's pretty simple. For the benefit of those following, I asked:
Do you think that:
1. Think white people, in general, are treated worse by the police/society and in general, have fewer opportunities to progress​
2. Think black people, in general, are treated worse by the police/society and in general, have fewer opportunities to progress​
3. Think everyone right now is equal, so let's just move on​

FWIW, if I was asked the question I would vote option 2.

Complicate it if you want, says more about you than me.
it a non starter because it contains lots of false assumptions, i really don't care what you think it would say about me.

I don't agree that either white or all lives matter or racist terms per se, however in this and many other examples they are being used in a racist way. Whether the Police has ground to prosecute or not.
I did misread your intentions there then i was responding to the cambridge university thing, not to your post in particular, so i did'nt read your post history.
To be honest i think people are making the word racist to wide in terms off it being used to often to fast, more as a term to put someone in a corner than as a genuine classification and or experience and so on.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
i'm not going to attempt to speak for @winjim he can do that very well himself.

But i shall certainly speak up for him if he is to be accused of 'bandwaggoning'

- i can testify that as far as i've ever seen, he has been consistently against any form of bigotry, hate speech, racism , sexism, homophobia, ableism and all the rest of it since I've been on here .... This is not a newly* formed position .

- He has explained his positions, and thoughts, very clearly fairly and patiently, without malice, and often with very good humour too..

I happen to agree with much of what he says - but really that's neither here nor there.

However, given his record it would be quite surprising not to find him here, speaking out against ignorant and racist attitudes.

* although even if it was a newly forged anti-racism stance - it wouldn't give him any less right to speak his mind.

You haven't read winjim's posts have you ....:rolleyes:
What, all of them? Probably not, no. Too much MLP for my liking.

In the context of this thread? Yes, yes I have.

I presume you're referring to this one which seems to have caught a lot of people out.
All lives matter.
If not, please direct to me to the post(s) you think would enlighten me.

However, on the assumption that I am correct (and let's face it, I probably am, I'm bloody brilliant), in the context of a thread about "White lives matter", saying "All lives matter" was an act of irony, turning the phrase around and throwing it in the face of those who unironically say it in relation to the BLM movement.

Hence @winjim's immediate "yikes" when you unironically posted the very sentiment he had just deconstructed.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
What, all of them? Probably not, no. Too much MLP for my liking.

In the context of this thread? Yes, yes I have.

I presume you're referring to this one which seems to have caught a lot of people out.

If not, please direct to me to the post(s) you think would enlighten me.

However, on the assumption that I am correct (and let's face it, I probably am, I'm bloody brilliant), in the context of a thread about "White lives matter", saying "All lives matter" was an act of irony, turning the phrase around and throwing it in the face of those who unironically say it in relation to the BLM movement.

Hence @winjim's immediate "yikes" when you unironically posted the very sentiment he had just deconstructed.

p.s i'm not 'liking' the bit where you say you're bloody brilliant :rolleyes: otherwise - fair play .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom