White Lives Matter Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾
I don't agree that either white or all lives matter or racist terms per se, however in this and many other examples they are being used in a racist way. Whether the Police has ground to prosecute or not.

I did misread your intentions there then i was responding to the cambridge university thing, not to your post in particular, so i did'nt read your post history.
To be honest i think people are making the word racist to wide in terms off it being used to often to fast, more as a term to put someone in a corner than as a genuine classification and or experience and so on.
Yes, I don't think that 'All lives matter' or 'white lives matter' are racist per se, same as 'black lives matter'. They're all just fairly mundane obvious statements. But when you put them in context they become much more powerful. As for the word 'racist' being too wide a term, that's what I was getting at when I wrote that we only have one word for it. The spectrum of racism goes all the way from slavery and lynchings right down to tiny things like doing a double-take at someone on the bus. There are very obvious nasty things which we would all agree are bad, and also small economic, cultural or linguistic things which many of us might not even notice. They all fall under the somewhat broad heading of 'racism'.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾
i'm not going to attempt to speak for @winjim he can do that very well himself.

But i shall certainly speak up for him if he is to be accused of 'bandwaggoning'

- i can testify that as far as i've ever seen, he has been consistently against any form of bigotry, hate speech, racism , sexism, homophobia, ableism and all the rest of it since I've been on here .... This is not a newly* formed position .

- He has explained his positions, and thoughts, very clearly fairly and patiently, without malice, and often with very good humour too..

I happen to agree with much of what he says - but really that's neither here nor there.

However, given his record it would be quite surprising not to find him here, speaking out against ignorant and racist attitudes.

* although even if it was a newly forged anti-racism stance - it wouldn't give him any less right to speak his mind.
I'm just some dickhead chatting bollocks on the internet really. But to be accused if bandwaggoning because I agree with a movement, one of whose aims is to raise awareness of the situation, is a bit of a stretch. They asked me to think about some stuff, I thought about it. I've contributed to discussions about it, but I haven't started any...
What, all of them? Probably not, no. Too much MLP for my liking.
I looked up MLP BLM to find a picture to troll you with and I wish I hadn't. It seems that the bronie boards are an absolutely fetid pit of Nazism.

We're more into Glitter Force these days, anyway. Here's Glitter Peace to cheer you up.

4312355_glitter-force-cure-peace-cure-peace-hd-png.png

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm just some dickhead chatting bollocks on the internet really. But to be accused if bandwaggoning because I agree with a movement, one of whose aims is to raise awareness of the situation, is a bit of a stretch. They asked me to think about some stuff, I thought about it. I've contributed to discussions about it, but I haven't started any...

I looked up MLP BLM to find a picture to troll you with and I wish I hadn't. It seems that the bronie boards are an absolutely fetid pit of Nazism.

We're more into Glitter Force these days, anyway. Here's Glitter Peace to cheer you up.

View attachment 532539
Don't worry, we're all just d*ckheads chatting b*ll*cks really .. 😊

Even those of us without any b*ll*cks.. :wacko:

Those are extremely dapper booties you got yself there btw :okay:

Very cheering 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom