White Van Man - WHYYYY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
It seems they LOVE me.

So much so that they always want to crash into me :smile:

Today was my first driving lesson, I am going for a new job, need to be able to drive for it, all went really well, but for WVM trying to pull out onto me, CRAZY, just glad of my seeming cat like reactions to it
biggrin.gif

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Probably cause they're always stoned.

Every morning I filter past a 0.5 mile trafic queue. Every other tradesman van that I pass, has cannabis aroma coming out the windows.

wildjetskier

You bunch of bigots....only joking. Have to agree with most of the sentiments, I am a WVM, builder to boot, and must agree, spliff are a must, and knowing what most trades "take" to work always astonishes me. Must say I am the exception, dont drink. smoke or take drugs and I love cycling and cyclists.

You bunch of bigots....only joking. Have to agree with most of the sentiments, I am a WVM, builder to boot, and must agree, spliff are a must, and knowing what most trades "take" to work always astonishes me. Must say I am the exception, dont drink. smoke or take drugs and I love cycling and cyclists.
You're not the exception, I went to a local race yesterday to cheer on some club members and half of them turned up in work vans although we only had one White one :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I must admit that I've had a few unpleasant experiences with WVM and pals.

Once, a WVM's mate deliberately leaned out of his window and gobbed in my face on a local hill.

One holiday, a Cornish WVM drove straight at me against a red light in road works between Penzance and Newlyn. He floored the throttle, 'gave me the finger' and left me in no doubt who would come out second best in that game of chicken. I toyed with the idea of just stopping in the middle of the road and calling his bluff but he was big and so was his mate. Even if they didn't actually run me down, I could see a nasty brawl ensuing. Made do with dragging my bike to the other side of the traffic cones and screaming "self-gratification artist" at him as he shot past me.

Jezston

Über Member
Had a few predictable bad experiences with WMVs, usually their 'mates' up to some such hijinks, but usually when I've been a pedestrian rather than cyclist - random shouts of abuse, tea thrown and missing by a mile etc.

However most are compensated by the time some guy in a mini cut me up at a junction - a few moments later a WV pulls up besides me, chap leans out the window "hey mate, he's with us - I'll have a word with him later!" with a smile and a thumbs up.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Every other tradesman van that I pass, has cannabis aroma coming out the windows.

I was working on a site once and reported this exact thing to the site supervisor who then took issue with my employer suggesting I was trying to cause trouble, instead of doing anything about the stoned white van delivery men, bearing in mind it is also illegal to smoke in the workplace!

Top Bottom