Who’s done a Shirley Valentine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's so annoying when those sneaky writers and directors make films that are capable of more than one interpretation.
Er no. I asked for newt's since she said other interpretations were wrong. Still waiting. Might learn something. About the film, about life, about newt, whatever.

Funnily enough i’ve already picked out a nice place to eat by the beach. It still amazes me that I can see a menu & book a table online.
Have a great trip though to be honest I wouldn't over prepare online, tempting as it is. Wander along the beach, see what takes your fancy.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Malaga is a lovely interesting city. But do get yourself a good city/street map if you are staying a while. There are a lot of narrow side streets that are easy to get lost in [happened to me]. It can be quite sleazy down the myriad of back alleys.

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Didn’t have a clue what the last message was about. So I’ve just clicked the ‘show hidden’ button. (I do like the ignore feature)
For anyone’s information I used the Shirley Valentine reference because to me it’s a movie about a woman who has reached her limit & who needs to find herself again. What happens in the movie, script, screenplay or theatrical production has no bearing on my person.
For the vultures who love to pick everything apart. Here it is. My heart is broken. I am not broken, but my heart is. Having been through enough life experience I know I will be stronger in time. Right now I need to immerse myself in something so that I can step away from the pain & start to heal.
I’ve just remembered why I took a long break from this site.
Peace ✌

MarkF

Guru
My travel info came through today, flying out next weekend. Kind of excited & bit scared. Realised this may not have been the best time to swan off around the world but also thinking this is just what I need.
Anyone been to Malaga before??

Yes, I know it very well, I love Malaga! Over the past 15 years it has totally reinvented itself like Barcelona and er, Leeds have, it's a great place to chill out and relax.

You don't need a map and anyway it's nice to get lost sometimes.............everything (normally) of interest is east of the Guadalmedina river/culvert, so east of that and if you are going uphill you are going towards the mountains and downhill, towards the sea, innit?

You can walk right along the promenade for miles to Pedragalejo and further, El Palo, there are many benches to sit on and think, looking out to sea, pack some food from the amazing central market and ride it? There are many seafood restaurants along that front, tourist free, you can order a beer, open your book and relax, nobody will care that you've spent 3 hours there and racked up a bill of..............2 Euros.

Walking up Calle Larios is nice , once you get to Cafe Central, go right into the alleys behind and wander, that small area between Larios and the Cathedral it's very atmospheric. The square directly in front of the cathedral is a great place to relax at night, illuminated it is beautiful. Walking North from the Cathedral (past El Pimpi) you will come out to a large square (Plaza del Merced) where the Picasso Museum is, another great place to relax/eat/drink and/or people watch. I get beers from the shop and spend hours there reading.

Don't eat meals just get bites in more places!

There are a ton of good bars but make sure to go to El Pimpi at night and visit Antigua Casa de Guardia

Last edited:
I hope you have an utterly lovely holiday.

My top tip - start planning, or at least pondering, your next adventure (be it a holiday, a Silly Bike Adventure, a daft gig plan or whatever) before the end of your current one. It's always good to have something to look forward to.

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I’m packed and ready to go!!

Thanks guys, really cannot wait to go now.
[QUOTE 5126849, member: 10119"]I hope you have an utterly lovely holiday.

My top tip - start planning, or at least pondering, your next adventure (be it a holiday, a Silly Bike Adventure, a daft gig plan or whatever) before the end of your current one. It's always good to have something to look forward to.[/QUOTE]
Top idea

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
A beautiful place.
This was a few weeks ago.
So glad I went.

Attachments

• C918C3A0-8D95-4AC3-8E22-DC9093768547.jpeg
    C918C3A0-8D95-4AC3-8E22-DC9093768547.jpeg