Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Up to 4000 miles

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Up to 5000

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Any thing above 5000

Votes: 23 25.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
What's all this "miles" nonsense? Real cyclists use kilometres! ^_^
I thought we cycled on British roads, The signs all say MPH.:laugh:

Buck

Guru
I've done around 550 this year. I started cycling at the end of July so overall pleased that I passed the 500 mark for purely leisure cycling I.e. Not commuting.

I wonder what people's figures would be for just the non-commuting aspect but then to some people commuting on the bike is as enjoyable as other rides.

My target for next year is 1,000 miles but would hope to hit that earlier on and reevaluate:smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
About 2600 this year. Health kept me out the saddle for 4 months, and while I'm riding again I'm a long way from my peak mileage. Or peak fitness. Or peak enthusiasm. I still love it but my various biorhythms have yet to line up.

Tin Pot

Guru
The speed limit signs?
I can't recall one saying MPH. Lots of them have numbers on them, communicating mph but none that I can recall that actually say "MPH".

In any case, cars are the last vestiges of the imperial system - metric is so patently obviously a better system for people who can count beyond 12 :smile:

Runners are trying to force me to talk in miles and mph so I've stopped talking to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
No idea.
No interest in knowing either.
It's more than many but less than some.

I measure my cycling in joy, companionship, personal challenge, newbies inspired and adventures shared.

Not so much miles as Smiles ....

Last edited:
You can have fun doing miles as well, its not as if you get to a certain mileage and the rest is just unenjoyable. I look at it that the more miles I do, the more opportunities I have to see great views and have fun on the bike.

Think for the last three years I've been 16k miles, 13k miles and 13k miles again. Aug 2015/2016 however, saw me start a coaching plan which has saw me doing more turbo work with the aim of a long/fast ride later in the year and hopefully doing better in TT's too so I've no idea what I'll do on the road this year.

Top Bottom