Who, here..

Have you visited a lap-dancing bar?

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
nope

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I have, I actually dated a lapdancer in my mid 20's.... the most expensive, tiring, hazy yet exciting few months of my single life! ;)

Yes. My mate didn't want to go in on his own at the end of an evening out and asked if I'd go in with him which I agreed to (he paid my entry and bought me a beer so I was happy enough).

OMG was it tacky inside ;)

My mate went off with one of the girls for a 'private dance', and I sat there drinking my beer. After a couple of minutes, one of the girls approached me and tried to get me to go off with her citing 'it's not like it's cheating'. I declined (cos I'm happily married innit) and she wandered off to hassle some other bloke.

He came back out after about 10 minutes, we drank up and left.

Once was once too many for me and I don't think the girls get treated very well by the management either. Sad place frequented by sad people on both sides ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have. Twice. I found the experience to be depressing, really. You wouldn't go to McDonalds and look at the food so why would you go to a lap dancing bar if you weren't going to eat from the menu?

(Yeah, first time out of curiosity, second was with business associates and I couldn't legitimately get out of it - sometimes you have to go with the flow).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes a couple of times here.
Went to Spearmint Rhino in the West End as a guest of another company, and Stringfellows as someones Stag Do.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
3 times on consecutive nights. Chicago trade fair, 'entertaining' clients (nothing sleazy...), once in the Admirals club in Chicago where (unfortunately) Wendy Whoppers was unable to appear due to illness, and twice in some small town in Ohio.
It was a hoot, good Craic!

ChrisKH

Guru
No, I haven't. I'm a little confused as to how 'far' the girls actually go tbh. Or does it depend on the girl, the club and the amount proffered?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
On the work trips I've been on to Scandinavia and the U.S. the evening invariably ends up with 'who's coming to the lap dancing club'. I'd say the majority usually go, I'm afraid I'm in the boring catagory that doesn't.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
very-near said:
Once was once too many for me and I don't think the girls get treated very well by the management either. Sad place frequented by sad people on both sides ;)

Everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion, in my experience the girls are treated very well, earn more money than most of us and every girl I have ever met that has done it did it because they enjoyed it, they are safe and it pays well...

Not one did it because they were feeding drug habits or single mums trying to battle oppression/abusive relationships or work their way through university to give a better life for little timmy!

It probably does depend on the location and bar type. To be honest I am not a big fan of having lap dances, yes I have had a few, most of the time I was very drunk and at a stag do. In any case I dodnt judge those that do enjoy it and want to blow £400 a night on it. Likewise I dont judge the girls that want to take the money.

Wigsie said:
Everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion, in my experience the girls are treated very well, earn more money than most of us and every girl I have ever met that has done it did it because they enjoyed it, they are safe and it pays well...

Not one did it because they were feeding drug habits or single mums trying to battle oppression/abusive relationships or work their way through university to give a better life for little timmy!

It probably does depend on the location and bar type. To be honest I am not a big fan of having lap dances, yes I have had a few, most of the time I was very drunk and at a stag do. In any case I dodnt judge those that do enjoy it and want to blow £400 a night on it. Likewise I dont judge the girls that want to take the money.

You have to say it as you see it. Incidentally, My Daughters B/F worked for the owner of the said establishment as floating cover in the bar from time to time and he eventually refused to work there in the end because he didn't like what he saw where the girls were concerned.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Watched a five minute shorty documentary on Channel 4 the other night about a girl who was a dancer of the lap. She said she knows of no establishment now where not only do the girls not get paid but they have to pay the establishment to work there. She reckoned it was a risk and some nights they could end up losing money.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
very-near said:
You have to say it as you see it. Incidentally, My Daughters B/F worked for the owner of the said establishment as floating cover in the bar from time to time and he eventually refused to work there in the end because he didn't like what he saw where the girls were concerned.

Really, must have been pretty bad then. I have experience of working with a place in swindon called Foxies, the guy who ran that place is actually really nice and the ladies were all very friendly and happy. The girl I dated worked at FYEO in Bournemouth and most of the girls their were really down to earth and sweet, but all of them were very happy.

Top Bottom