Who lost their bike on the M66 today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
[QUOTE="fossyant, post: 5525821, member: 557”]
Road bikes are a doddle to get in a car, much smaller.
So true. I can’t understand why gf’s hybrid, size small, has to have front wheel removed to fit in the boot, but my road bike, size XL, fits in without removing anything no problem.

Handlebar width of hybrids is much greater than racing bikes.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I still use an old Trek Mass Transit strap and frame unit mounted to car trunk. I think gfGA and I used it for our bikes when we got tired of breaking them down to fit in my Audi wagen.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In that case it probably isn't cheaper
Say 600 mile round trip. Normally 40mpg, reduces to 35mpg. ThIs is about £12-13 cost

I kiss good bye to any sort of fuel efficiency with 4 bikes. Lose about 15 mpg with 4 bikes, less if I stick to 56 mph. We do tend to leave the bikes at the caravan for the summer though.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I once drove part way into a car park that had a height restrictions bar set at about axle height for the 2 bikes on the roof.

My son shouted STOP just in time I then had to wait while the cars behind me reversed out the way(would have been quicker to take the bikes off and carry on).Got a Thule clamp on the towbar rack now.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE="fossyant, post: 5525821, member: 557”]
Road bikes are a doddle to get in a car, much smaller.
So true. I can’t understand why gf’s hybrid, size small, has to have front wheel removed to fit in the boot, but my road bike, size XL, fits in without removing anything no problem.[/QUOTE]

I used to get my road bike in a tiny car, wheels off, just popped neatly upright in a Rover Metro boot.

My Boardman FS Pro is a right big beastie - it's huge compared to my old 90's MTB, never mind my sons 26" hard tail.

Top Bottom