"Who" next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, tonight we fnd out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/news/latest/090102_news_01

I've heard on the radio this morning that among the contenders are some women (no! no! I like my heroes male, please) and some young chap of 25 or so who's been in two things I didn't watch - please no, it'll turn into something for CBBC. Bookies favourite is Paterson Joseph apparently - could be good, as would Adrian Lester. I think David Morrisey would have been brillant, and a good foil to David Tennant, but I don't see how they can work that now (ok, it's sic fi, they can 'explain' anything, I know...)

Just have to wait until 5.35 to find out...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gok Wan styles the Daleks, I like it....

Mind you, a naked Dalek isn't pretty...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
An interesting idea. Although, I've gone off him a bit, I dont like his hairstyle these days. James May seems like a more interesting person - musical, pilot's licence, tidy. Although, if Richard Hammond threw himself at me, I probably wouldn't say no.

Anyway, I'm not sure about him for Dr number 11. I think we need a more brooding counterpoint to DT. Hence David Morrisey would have been good.

Please, though, not a woman. I really dislike that idea. I think I just don't care enough about heroines.

wafflycat

What was that, Arch, on another thread about men & women... ;):angry:

As for the new doc, I'll be glad to see Tennant go, as his grinning from ear to ear, over-egging the acting, just turned me off completely.

Can't say I'm biting my fingernails off in anticipation until 17.35hrs though..

Speicher

Vice Admiral
wafflycat said:
I think she'd make a good Doc

Yes, I definately think so. ;)

Who could be her Assistant, one with more competence than the last one? oooh tricky;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
If it was a woman, it's have to be someone brainy, as opposed to pretty (or both, of course, but brainy would be more important).

But I really don't like the idea - I was thinking about it this morning (yeah, I know, what a sad life) and I really don't think I care so much about what happens to female leads. Dunno why, I just don't.

I expect I'd get used to it though, I'm always saying things won't be the same and then they are alright... As long as they don't go too far down the young route, I think the Doctor has to feel like a grown up...

yello

I reckon it's got to be Paterson Joseph. To me, it just fits the mould of Davies' Dr Who to be the 'first' this or that.

I never warmed to Tennant as Dr Who, but he followed a damned fine (and, imo, far superior) act in Christopher Eccleston so, for me, it was always going to be difficult for him. I pretty much went off Dr Who soon after that and stopped watching so it is hard to be objective.

Top Bottom