Who on CC has bought a 'cheap' Chinese carbon frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I know there is a tread on another cycling forum about these and 99% agree that they are worth buying and that the R383 is the Ribble Stealth frame etc etc

So, anyone here got one?

Thoughts ? Pictures ?

SHOULD I ????? :biggrin:

frank9755

Cyclist
Yes - do it!
Then you can tell us about it
smile.gif

mr Mag00

rising member
likewise gaz, plenty of guys on tri forums have done this and are very happy with their purchases. do it, i will when i have the funds and get a custom paint job too :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm finding it hard to keep track of how many bikes you currently have! I think you have 2 Cannondales and a singlespeed, but I've a feeling that there might be one or two more bikes already? I could make a case for 3 or 4 different types of bike, but I think some of yours are doing the same job as each other so I'm getting confused ...

What would the new bike be for? And how are you storing them? I have 3 and would have to think of alternative storage arrangements if I got another one.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'm finding it hard to keep track of how many bikes you currently have! I think you have 2 Cannondales and a singlespeed, but I've a feeling that there might be one or two more bikes already? I could make a case for 3 or 4 different types of bike, but I think some of yours are doing the same job as each other so I'm getting confused ...

What would the new bike be for? And how are you storing them? I have 3 and would have to think of alternative storage arrangements if I got another one.

Colin

Yup, I know, its hard to keep up, what I tend to do, is get something half descent (such as the CAAD8) then like it so much I upgrade pretty quick.

The CAAD9 is going nowhere, but due to space I was forced to sell the others, that will leave me with this FM015 and CAAD9 for the time being, if these frames are as good as everyone says, then I will look at getting a MTB too, but we will see first of all.

I am hoping to come into some money before too long, first item on the list is a shed, that way I dont need to sell because of lack of space :-), Once I have the shed then it will need filling with a CX and TT at least :-)

I feel like I am becoming a proper cycling these days :biggrin:

I know there is a tread on another cycling forum about these and 99% agree that they are worth buying and that the R383 is the Ribble Stealth frame etc etc

So, anyone here got one?

Thoughts ? Pictures ?

SHOULD I ????? :biggrin:

R383? Didn't find anything quickly via Google - did you mean the De Rosa R838?

Where are the pics - I can't see the links - may be my eyes are scanning the page too fast?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
RIGHT...after a delay and stock issues my order was changed to a FM028, it has a triangular top tube, internal cabling and BB30.

It arrived yesterday , wont get chance to ride for a few days yet, however the quality "seems" outstanding ! Will post up a full review, but I am 90% sure I will end up getting a TT frame from them next, it really does seem that good.

4be049fd.jpg

frank9755

Cyclist
Looks very good, Gary. I have to say you are doing nothing whatsoever to bolster my resistance to ordering a juicy little TT frame...

Can I ask, why did you choose that particular supplier?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Looks very good, Gary. I have to say you are doing nothing whatsoever to bolster my resistance to ordering a juicy little TT frame...

Can I ask, why did you choose that particular supplier?

I'm not saying its a Madone, but check this out

http://lancearmstrong.posterous.com/dusted-off-the-ol-bike-and-going-for-a-ride-i

CRAZY

I chose Hongfu as I had read on plenty other forums that they were good, truth be told i'd order again (A TT next time) from them but i'd email first to make sure of stock of delivery times, its not huge but its taken just under a month because my original purchase wasnt in stock, however a lot of British company's could learn a hell of a lot from them regarding communication with customers

Once rode, I will have a better idea of just how much I should be praising them

Goldie

Über Member
This is really fascinating stuff. Do these guys even have an importer or distributor, or did you just contact the company directly and they stuck it in a container? The logistics involved in getting the right bike in the right size all the way from China to the Manc are mind boggling.

Top Bottom