Who was/is your favourite wrestler?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
This can be from any wrestling company - WWF (WWE for those youngsters amoung us), TNA, WCW etc.

I used to love WWF, but stopped watching around the early 90s when my all time favourite was lost off the radar.

I googled him a few months back and found out in real life he was an alcoholic drug addict really (reformed character now apparently). Still think he is the bestest ever.

Mr Plax has got SKY now so he can watch the football (yawn). I've been watching TNA, and it is total sh*t, and I've found myself shouting that they aren't very good role models - I mean they have tag teams bigging up drinking and machine guns. However I've started to find myself watching it regardless and got really excited when Hulk Hogan was announced to be joining. Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart was on it the other day too. I don't like the women wrestlers on it though. Totally unlady like, especially that ODB one. I'm all for equal opportunites and all that but some things are just wrong.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Bicycle Repair Man

Wigsie

Nincompoop
The Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy had some legendary battles!

WWF and onwards is utter sh*te, although always owned as "The Undertaker" on the Playstation

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
wafflycat said:
Sumo: Chiyonofuji

My wife's too... leaves me with rather a lot to live up to. :rolleyes:

Mine is Rikidozan just because he had such an interesting life.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
threebikesmcginty said:
Can we have oldies like Mick Mcmanus, Catweazle, Rollerball Rocco and the like?

Ah yes, that's my era too... kendo Nagasaki, Big Daddy etc. I used to like the Royle brothers (twins?) Who could always delight tag team fans. Remember the grannies with their handbags, hitting the baddy if he 'fell' out of the ring?

Ted Dibiase was my character on Nintendo WWF I think. Brett 'Hit Man' Hart another. But, in action, while toasting bread at the coal fire in the front room and smearing wads of butter upon, and before the football results ("Hamilton Academicals Two. Forfaaarr THREE!" etc) it was all about Kent Walton, Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus, with a couple of dodgy old girls ready with handbags and umbrellas should their pet hate get 'thrown' out of the ring. The ref in the bow tie was always dapper though: "A-wunner, A-teuua, A-threeeeeea!"

What happened to love of life? :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Fnaar said:
Ah yes, that's my era too... kendo Nagasaki, Big Daddy etc. I used to like the Royle brothers (twins?) Who could always delight tag team fans. Remember the grannies with their handbags, hitting the baddy if he 'fell' out of the ring?

Oi! Get in the ring - I'm just musing down memory lane(short these days, admittedly) and up you pop with yer grannies :rolleyes:

Top Bottom