Who's got varifocals then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well me now. I've reached that certain point when parts of my body have decided to retire. I've told them the retirement age has been put up by the govt. but they aren't listening.

So anyway: I've got this goldfish bowl on my head now. My peripheral vision is blurry and I'm having to retrain my neck muscles to move my head, instead of flicking my eyes. I also keep moving my head the wrong way to focus on things close and far. It's like not being able to pat your head and stroke your tummy but for the eyes.

Currently, 90% of the world is out of focus.

Will I get used to it, I need to know. The dog needs to know too. He's fed up with me standing on his paws and chucking his ball into the bushes?

TVC

I finally had to admit defeat last year. It took a few days to get used to them but I don't think about it now.

twobiker

Well me now. I've reached that certain point when parts of my body have decided to retire. I've told them the retirement age has been put up by the govt. but they aren't listening.

So anyway: I've got this goldfish bowl on my head now. My peripheral vision is blurry and I'm having to retrain my neck muscles to move my head, instead of flicking my eyes. I also keep moving my head the wrong way to focus on things close and far. It's like not being able to pat your head and stroke your tummy but for the eyes.

Currently, 90% of the world is out of focus.

Will I get used to it, I need to know. The dog needs to know too. He's fed up with me standing on his paws and chucking his ball into the bushes?
One day if you persevere you will find that you got into the car, drove down the road and back again and found you had forgotten to take them off , well that's what I did anyway , its only when you forget you have them on that they work.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
It did take Mr Citybabe a little while to get used to his as they were his first pair.
Stay with them twobiker and you will soon get used to them

After 30 years wearing glasses for being short-sighted, I got prescribed the damned varifocals.

The kindest thing my eldest daughter ever did (well, not really, but you get the idea), was to sit on my ******* varifocals. Squashed 'em. Twisted 'em. Made 'em unwearable.

Not worn glasses since.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Can't do without them, had mine for about 14 months now. I thought they were great straight out of the case, but the next morning I sat up in bed, the room swirled and span, and I ended up with the worst case of vertigo/motion sickness including the vomitting that I've ever had.

I already wore reading glasses, but was starting to struggle with middle distance and the computer screen at work. An eye test showed different prescriptions in either eye, and a far more pronounced astigmatism in the right than the left, so varifocals were the obvious choice.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
its only when you forget you have them on that they work.
^^^ This
They seem vey weird at first, but then all of a sudden they come good. I'd not be without them now.

Best advice I was given...

Point the nose!

At first get used to pointing the nose as opposed to the slow movement following the head around. Stops the "sea sickness" problem that some people experience.

Top Bottom