Who's up following the US election on TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Won't be me.

Something about watching it just feels wrong, like laughing at handicapped people.

I'll watch the first key states come in, Virginia is it and then go to bed. The last time I stayed up to watch something potentially historic on the election front they voted Maggie in.

bonj2

the latter i would say... :tongue:

they'll be banging on about it on radio 4 non stop for the next god knows how long, don't know why it's important to know that soon.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well even if the presidential is called early the senate seats to the west may mean the republicans getting massacred. So stuff to stay up for either way.

snorri

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
Anyone else find this far more interesting than any British election? Or am I just an extremely sad man?
No and yes.

The BBC coverage of the US elections is nothing more than a holiday for a lazy bunch of hacks who cannot be bothered to find out about more interesting events around the world because that would require them to learn a foreign language.:tongue:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I don't find this more interesting than UK elections, but the notion that this is just a jolly for the journos is risible. This is about the election of the most powerful man in the world - a man who will affect our lives and those of every other person on the planet to an enormous extent. I'm not clear about what counts as 'more interesting' than that, but again, the idea that the BBC doesn't cover non-US news for lack of foreign language capability is, well, forgive my using 'risible' again.

sloe

Still up !!!!!!! But not for long.

If a million randomists can bang out Shakespearean sonnets all these years.

Then I fully expect to wake up to the news that Scotland has won the World Cup. For the seventh year in a row.

But I'd settle for an Obama win.

Top Bottom