why can't people......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Make yorkshire puddings?

yorkpuds.jpg

.....even my 7 year old can!

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
AWESOME puds xx

I am an awesome pudding producer myself...or rather I was, until May 2009, when I move into my current house - with it's super glass hob & electric fan oven... Pfffffffffffffffffft!
My puds are an embbarassment, after 25yrs of using the 'family' recipe & never producing a duff pud, i've had to resort to buying frozen ones....
Oh the shame, me Nana would tunr in her grave if she knew
!

OP
OP
Andy_R

Andy_R

ours is an electric fan oven....puds never fail. Have you checked the oven thermostat?

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
ours is an electric fan oven....puds never fail. Have you checked the oven thermostat?
That's the prob... I think it's dodgy!
I've put stuff in there that should cook in 10mins & it's come out after 7, cremated! Other times still had fairy cakes all sloppy after almost 20 mins!
But as technicaly the oven still works, the landlord can't see a problem with it
:angry:

OP
OP
Andy_R

Andy_R

you can get oven thermometers for less than £10 and there are loads of posts on the net that tell you how to check if you can recalibrate your oven's temperature, might be worth a punt - you never know, you might be able to ditch the Aunt Bessies :biggrin:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Cheers Andy, never even thught about recalibrating/restting it myself - didnt even know you could LOL!
I'll have a Google later.... Aunt Bessies are ok...but they are not Nana Buxton's
:thumbsup:

gbb

Legendary Member
The wife and i used to compete a little with yorkie puds, hers were inevitably better.:blush:

One sunday, i cooked dinner and there'd been some banter between us re the puds in the morning. I defended my (supposed) ability to beat her efforts...then came dinner. I shouted through the house...YOU WANNA SEE THE SIZE OF THESE THINGS !!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She came running in the kitchen....looked in the oven door....to see 4 hopelessly flat puds, dying a death in the oven :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I THOUGHT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MASSIVE ???

I said no such thing...i just said you want to see the size of them :sad:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I prefer not to use the fan oven for Yorkshires - they get too big!

No. Such. Thing.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Mmmmm a good Yorkshire pud!!

I've not tried to make them without milk, anyone had any joy with milk free ones? I'm allergic to dairy so trying to cut it out

Those puds in the photo look fabulous!

OP
OP
Andy_R

Andy_R

Mmmmm a good Yorkshire pud!!

I've not tried to make them without milk, anyone had any joy with milk free ones? I'm allergic to dairy so trying to cut it out

Those puds in the photo look fabulous!

hmmmm.....milk free recipe.....will let you know how they go on.

postman

Legendary Member
I am a fan of Yorkshire puds.So put a couple in the post fore me to try.Ta very much.I also think our pie master a certain Vernon of this street would like to sample a Durham Yorkshire pud or three.But seriously well done keep it up.:bravo:

Top Bottom