why do I ant to eat more when I am not riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

last week I was riding 100-130km a day on a loaded tour bike and eating just a small meal for dinner and a pastry for breakfast...now I am back I can tbe arsed to ride anywhere and just want to eat eat eat...what is thta all about?

I think I hav elost my focus...I need ...a destination..preferrably away from here....i think i am sufering from 'uk sucketh syndrome'....

now pass the biscuits...

Noodley

Not a bloody clue, but I'm the same! When I am riding or doing lots of other exercise I get by on little food. When I am sitting about I eat loads.

Fancy a cake? In fact d'ya fancy a kebab? :eek:;)

yello

Could well be boredom caused by restlessness. It's understandable after having spent days completely occupied. I prescribe a course of day rides to local sights/sites.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

:laugh:..eating ants...oops;):biggrin::biggrin::blush::smile:

...I think it is boredom. I no longer have a destination, the time I filled riding every minute of each day is filled with the usual bleak void that is home right now...at least I am reaching for the healthy food and not the ben & Jerries!:biggrin:

yenrod

Bigtallfatbloke said:
last week I was riding 100-130km a day on a loaded tour bike and eating just a small meal for dinner and a pastry for breakfast...now I am back I can tbe arsed to ride anywhere and just want to eat eat eat...what is thta all about?

I think I hav elost my focus...I need ...a destination..preferrably away from here....i think i am sufering from 'uk sucketh syndrome'....

now pass the biscuits...

Yep the UK does suck big time: I recall when on the plane back from Europe thinking I'm back to the rat like tendencies of the UK...after spending some time away.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I think I worked it out...it's about comfort zones. I took myself out of my comfort zone; that removal of the safty net created a 'buzz', I then returned to the comfort zone I left to find it isn't so comfortable, in fact I feel more comfortable outside my comfort zone...well that's my theory anyway:biggrin:

Comfort zone!? What's that? :?:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

It's a warm dry place with a TV, fridge full of beer and chocolate, warm water on tap and a car on the drive. It's also BORING.

Top Bottom