Why do women get so stressed at christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

Mrs bhoyjim comes in today carrying about 30 bags, i make a nice comment about her having a nice day out shopping, then she starts to go off on one, ranting about everywhere being so busy, all the things she's still got to do etc, and all i care about is riding my bike blah, blah, blah, then go to collect kids and all the mums at the school are talking the same not enough time to do everything etc, just chill women, there's still another 20 odd days to go.

Because they take it far too seriously! Like you say just chill, dont go over the top. I'll do my shopping in one day, usually around the 20th. No hassle no stress, then home and out on the bike:becool:;):becool:

dustystreet

bhoyjim said:
she starts to go off on one, ranting about everywhere being so busy

did you point out the irony that it's people like her clogging up the shops that make it busy for everybody else? ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mrs BR has already done 2 days of serious shopping and now she's nipped 15 miles down the M65 to Boundary Mill Stores, God knows what for. Like addictfreak above I'll do my shopping in a precision commando raid on the shops on the last day, grab exactly what I need and scarper, all over in an hour.

thomas

the tank engine
I did my Christmas shopping today and last night. Parents and a few friends that I'm buying for back home sorted.

Today, finished getting presents for a couple of UNI friends. All wrapped and under my bed...possibly will wrap up some chocolate bars for people too.

Simple & sorted!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
bhoyjim said:
Mrs bhoyjim comes in today carrying about 30 bags, i make a nice comment about her having a nice day out shopping, then she starts to go off on one, ranting about everywhere being so busy, all the things she's still got to do etc, and all i care about is riding my bike blah, blah, blah, then go to collect kids and all the mums at the school are talking the same not enough time to do everything etc, just chill women, there's still another 20 odd days to go.

I think you should point out that if she'd only thought about it earlier and started shopping in September, say, she'd been in a happier state of mind. That should do the trick.

Perhaps worth being astride your bike when saying it though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I wonder how often it's down to M-I-L pressure - I think many women feel under pressure to be as good as 'his mother' - and no doubt some M-I-L take pleasure in causing such stress if they come to visit.

Others will probably be in the position of being expected by hubby and kidsto do everything, and take the blame if the turkey is a moment late or the sprouts not cooked right, despite also probably having a job and doing all the housework as normal.

I'm not saying either apply to Mrs Bhoyjim, but with the shops full of such stressed women, and the TV exhorting us all to have the perfect Christmas, and you must have this and you must have that, it's no wonder the stress rubs on on even the more relaxed among us.

Also, it's just possible bhoyjim, that she had a headache and sore feet and even if she'd actually had a nice day, all she really wanted to hear was "let me take those bags, sit down, would you prefer tea or gin and tonic?";) We all have off days...

Gromit

Über Member
No stress here ether, off to bikepetes parents for Christmas, then my Mums for new year.

The only thing I get stressed about these days is the bloody essay I have to write for Monday and the cropping schedule for plant propagation.

Oh and how my lecturer said he would get all the soil matrix ready for me to just pot up my seedlings. That didn't happen. Grrrr

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Gromit said:
No stress here ether, off to bikepetes parents for Christmas, then my Mums for new year.

The only thing I get stressed about these days is the bloody essay I have to write for Monday and the cropping schedule for plant propagation.

Oh and how my lecturer said he would get all the soil matrix ready for me to just pot up my seedlings. That didn't happen. Grrrr
Truly, the mind boggles... ;):blush:;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
problem solved here, no cash for much this year, dinner at my mum's and hogmanay at mrs alecetc's parents'.

Which is, of course, how it should be. But so many people can't see beyond the commercial expectation. I remember when I worked at Iceland, people coming in in a flap on Xmas Eve wanting a 20lb turkey (which wouldn't be defrosted in time anyway) and wailing with despair if we'd run out of King Prawn Rings. I'll swear most of it never got eaten, but you had to have it, because you'd always had it, and your smug sister in law has it, and all your neighbours....

We're all going to my Mum's - she's got room for me, sis, bro-in-law and nephew to stay and other Gran to come each day (she also lives in Leicester). I'll be home the day before Xmas Eve to help with the last minute jobs, and other gran will bring the pudding, and Oli will supply wide eyed delight (if he's in a good mood, god help us all if he's having a terrible twos phase...). Sis can put her pregnant feet up while we all dote on Oli, and there'll be plenty to eat without any waste.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
badkitty said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Only 20 days?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!;):ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

+1.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Top Bottom