Why is this place not fun...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I got an msg. from a bloke who was on the old c+ (Hi N'o :blush:) & he was mentioning how it was fun and the likes...

Round here just seems soo...un-fun, not happening...bit stale...;)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Not sure Mister P but there are a good few round here who have one hell of a chip on the shoulder / attitude !

yello

The forum loosing it's freshness may not be down to the forum. If you hang around too long you can get to expectant of it and it disappoints; so it could mean you need to have a break. Get out on the bike more or take up knitting or something. Whatever, don't log on for a week or so then see how it seems.

gbb

Legendary Member
Its all part of a natural cycle (scuse the pun)

I agree, i'm finding it a bit stale...but is that me, or the forum ? I did the same at C+....just get a bit bored with it once in a while.

Do you really think theres an attitude with some members Yenrod ?...yes, it get a little argumentative occasionally, but this place aint half as bad a C+ was. Christ, there were times when you asked a simple question, and three or four bods would jump down your throat....fcukwits.

Before I get shouted down, let me say first I am a fan of this place - that's why I come here.

At the same time, I agree. If you spend a lot of time here, you tend to see the same discussions coming up again and again and I can see how it could all seem very sameish and stale. The people posting them don't always realise of course, and to them it's the first time anyone's asked that question / told that joke / made that comment etc. It's just how it is.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Count me in as one of the recently Jaded...
Don't know why, it's all got a bit chuffing serious and a bit up its own arse recently. P+L's not the fun it used to be when simoncc sent the usual suspects into a mouth-frothing session. Maybe it's the f*ckwits I enjoyed...
Perhaps a break's in order.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I am also a fan, saying that I have only been on here since December. There are a few around that irritate me as they tend to jump to conclusions, try and instigate witch hunts or focus on spelling/grammatical mistakes rather than the point the poster is trying to make (of the few I have noticed they tend to be regulars with well over 2-3,000 posts). Happened to me once and it irritated me to the point where I left the site alone for a while.

There is enough snobbery and elitist/clicky attitudes in cycling (dont know why, it makes me so happy, so why isnt every cyclist happy?) and trying to join a club scene or take it more seriously is hard enough. This sort of site provides an extra route for newbies... But when the grumpy/elitist/dismissive/bad/stand offish (whatever you want to call it) attitude comes through on here it puts people off, so it ends up same old faces same old opinions and innevitably gets boring for you 5,000 plus posters.

Or maybe not... :blush: having said all that 70 - 80% of everyone I speak to on here has been great and I really am looking forward to meeting many of them.

Shaun

Founder
Psssttt ... don't tell anyone, but even I get fed up of from time to time and have a couple of days away. :blush:

CC makes me laugh, cry, pull my hair out, and all the other emotions in between, but I do love the sense of community we've all created and I am proud of the fact that it is, in the main, positive about cycling and driven by its users.

Have you got any ideas for how we can spice-it-up-a-bit Yenners?

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I feel you yenners (in a West Baltimore corner slang way, not an innappropriate sexual advance way).

Like yello+others said, if you're around for long enough the same old arguments come up again and again. To put a positive spin on it, I think the posts tend to drop off during the summer months because we're all out doing cycling, which is as it should be.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I hate this site.
I dont read any of the beginners posts, because its all the same.
Its the same questions asked mainly in know how and accessories.
Im sure i posted this before, but i said about having a section where the recomendations for pedals(for example) are put on, and what each type of pedal is good for, who its best suited to, and good/bad experiences with them.
Do it with bikes, saddles, grips, bars and the other stuff that commonly comes up. Im sure theres enough people on here, with enough experience of certain things to get it going.
If it was said before, i think it was just blanked.

Just an idea mind.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Joe24 said:
I hate this site.
I dont read any of the beginners posts, because its all the same.
Its the same questions asked mainly in know how and accessories.
Im sure i posted this before, but i said about having a section where the recomendations for pedals(for example) are put on, and what each type of pedal is good for, who its best suited to, and good/bad experiences with them.
Do it with bikes, saddles, grips, bars and the other stuff that commonly comes up. Im sure theres enough people on here, with enough experience of certain things to get it going.
If it was said before, i think it was just blanked.

Just an idea mind.

I know what your saying Joe, but I think there needs to be a beginners section where people can ask the same questions over and over again. where some of you have been on here for years and have seen the same questions its bound to be boring and irritatig... but when someone comes on for the first time and asks the question they want a reply rather than just read a review.

If you just post up a bunch of reviews and recommendations it will just be like reading a magazine or review site and there are plenty of those knocking around. But people want reassurance and as close to real time interaction/advice as they can get without being in a LBS which can sometimes be intimidating.

nuovo_record

yenrod said:
I got an msg. from a bloke who was on the old c+ (Hi N'o :wacko:) & he was mentioning how it was fun and the likes...

Round here just seems soo...un-fun, not happening...bit stale...:laugh:

hi yenners !
did say that C+ used to be fun until - haven't been here long enough to judge yet, but i do know that after 3 years off a bike, i need a forum or 2 to get back into it...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Wigsie said:
I know what your saying Joe, but I think there needs to be a beginners section where people can ask the same questions over and over again. where some of you have been on here for years and have seen the same questions its bound to be boring and irritatig... but when someone comes on for the first time and asks the question they want a reply rather than just read a review.

If you just post up a bunch of reviews and recommendations it will just be like reading a magazine or review site and there are plenty of those knocking around. But people want reassurance and as close to real time interaction/advice as they can get without being in a LBS which can sometimes be intimidating.

Yes, however, the same questions can come up more then once in a week. Mainly about pedals and shoes, and which is better.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Which is better then, pedals or shoes? :wacko: arrrgh i have become one of the irritating bas*tards I mentioned earlier!

Sorry, I know what you mean, but you must remember people are generally stupid impatient and will have a question they want answered and will ask it before they read down more thn a few posts and will rarely scan to the next page to see if they can find an answer.

Its just they way forums work.

Top Bottom