Wierdest pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
The Birds post reminded me, talking about magpies and crows, that as a maybe 13 year old, i found an apparently abandoned or injured young crow.
Took him home and reared him, he became a faithful 'companion'...flying alongside me, landing and perching on my shoulder.
I cant remember what happened to him, i had him all summer, ...prolly flew off in a huff eventually (was it female then ? ;) )

Dig out your memories of insects and creepy crawlies....make the girls cry :sad:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
381846BgJF_w.jpg

is this strange enough?

buggi

Bird Saviour
i currently have 2 ferrets and 2 rats.

i've had a squirrel that me and my mom saved from a magpie when it was a baby. reared it and then sent it to a sanctuary to be introduced back into the wild.

also had an iguana. they are really hard to look after.

had various hedgehogs, birds, frogs, mice, and other such stuff which have been rescued, nursed back to health and been released back into the wild. the squirrel was my fave tho. so cute feeding him out of an eye dropper when his eyes were still closed and his long fingers holding on to the dropper.

dudi

My cat (bollo) is pretty weird... it's him in the avatar...

we used to keep stick insects too. they were pretty strange.

Also, i have a fish that likes to sleep on his side (his name is clancy).

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
dudi said:
My cat (bollo) is pretty weird... it's him in the avatar...

we used to keep stick insects too. they were pretty strange.

Also, i have a fish that likes to sleep on his side (his name is clancy).

Wierd, you're not kidding. Looks like he's got one of those stick insects wedged vertically in his mouth.;)

The fish isnt a Clown Loach is it...we had one, i used to think 'is he dead'....no, then he'd be off again. Always slept on his side.

i haven't had a weird pet... but i did see a programme about a woman with a pet rook (like a crow, but with baggy trousers). she'd take it out in her 2CV and pull the roof back and it'd fly off and alongside her.

being clever birds it worked out that her car keys mean flying and it learned how to open the garage door and the driveway door. after a while it even learned how to start the car after watching her turn the ignition key.

i know someone who raised a starling, not really a pet, but pretty cool.

buggi

Bird Saviour
those chinese dogs with mohican are even wierder

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Rats make lovely pets, I don't think that's weird at all.
Shame they only live for 2-3 years.

Not had a pet one, really, but we've had a few generations of squirrels living in the garden One of them got tame enough that she'd climb on us.;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I had a stick insect (imaginatively called "Sticky"). I fed him on privet hedge from the garden. One day I had the bright idea of taking him to the hedge. He was a stick insect. He looked like a stick. I never found him again... :angry:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Fnaar said:
I had a stick insect (imaginatively called "Sticky"). I fed him on privet hedge from the garden. One day I had the bright idea of taking him to the hedge. He was a stick insect. He looked like a stick. I never found him again... :angry:

That's really funny and sad at the same time!

dudi

GBB:
Yeah, clancy is a clown loach... and a very nice one at that! glad to hear it's not uncommon and my fish isn't a freak after all.

longers

Legendary Member
I thought Fnaar's story was sad and funny too. :thumbsup::biggrin::blush::sad:.

I had stick insects too. Hated them. They bred very well and I had loads of them. They started going funny and popping all by themselves - green stuff coming out their back ends :angry:. I released them into the wild privet bush in the garden in the end.

Sideways fish? My gran was telling me today that one of her large goldfish from her pond was lying on its side a lot last week, she was going to administer the priest to it but my uncle put it in a spare tank she had with some pond water and a little salt. Hey presto - happy fish!

Top Bottom