wiggle bike kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malraff

my new felt z85 eventually arrived from wiggle
thumbsup.png
great bike and looks class!

they gave me a complimentary kit - consists of a few basic items such as a multi tool, reflectors etc and a bottle of fluid of some sort - what is it? and whats it for?

also, what do yeas recommend with the reflectors? they look a little crappy
sad.gif
are they necessary legal wise? - ill only be cycling in daylight

cheers

mal

Slaav

Veteran
From memory, every bike sold in the UK HAS to be supplied with the dreaded reflectors.

There appears to be no reason to not simply take them off if you want to as soon as you get out on to the road. I would question why you would take the back one off unless it was in the way? Front one - whatever - Spoke ones, I cant see the point and took mine off ASAP.

HTH?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is there no label on the bottle? It's probably chain lube but there's no way of telling from here.

I've left my front reflector on. With a light on each side of it, it looks like a shiny nose!

OP
OP
M

malraff

the reflectors arnt fitted yet - i prob will stick the back one on, i stopped when i tried putting a left pedal into a right side crank
cry.gif
lbs came to rescue lol! lesson learned there! - dont watch the footy while assembling a bike

the fluid smells like nail varnish if thats any help?

sabian92

Über Member
Even though it's a legal requirement, you'll never get stopped for not having them, especially if you have lights on. I said it before on here, if a driver doesn't see a flashing red light, they're not going to see a road-shoot-covered reflector.

I took mine off. My pedals don't even have them on and they're legally supposed to (so technically Halfords broke the law but ho hum...)

As long as you've got lights on (worth having even if you are out in the day - you never know) you'll be fine.

Bman

Guru
Even though it's a legal requirement, you'll never get stopped for not having them, especially if you have lights on. I said it before on here, if a driver doesn't see a flashing red light, they're not going to see a road-shoot-covered reflector.

I took mine off. My pedals don't even have them on and they're legally supposed to (so technically Halfords broke the law but ho hum...)

As long as you've got lights on (worth having even if you are out in the day - you never know) you'll be fine.

Its also a legal requirement to keep the reflectors clean ;)

sabian92

Über Member
In the winter that's harder than it sounds considering every time you go out they end up covered in brown sludge :tongue:

Do lights that have reflectors on count? Surely they're covered because they're reflectors?

Borbus

Wonder how we go on with clipless pedals there's no reflectors on mine from the factory ?

My Shimano 105 pedals came with orange reflectors that you can screw on yourself. Needless to say, they make the pedals look ridiculous.

When I got my road bike I was happy to find that I didn't have any reflectors, bell or dork disc to remove. Maybe the LBS did it for me.

OP
OP
M

malraff

does any one know if halfords sell the bolts and washers for spd cleats? i managed to get home on my first spin with a cleat being held in by one bolt !!

Top Bottom