Wiggle - getting slow?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by e-rider, 1 May 2010.

1. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

I've always selected Free P&P at Wiggle because it's usually pretty fast anyway, so I don't see the point of spending an extra £3.99.

However, recently Wiggle's Free P&P option has become very very slow.

Anyone else noticed this?

I have 2 theories:

1. Wiggle are going down the pan!

2. They are slowing down the 'free P&P' orders, trying to make more people pay the £3.99 for a faster service.

2. rusky

rusky CC Addict

Someone else started a thread http://www.cyclechat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60313/ here about that.

3. Ordered 2 tyres on Tuesday and they were delivered Friday morning on the free p&p option,not too shabby I'd say.

4. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

ordered a saddle friday on express delivery and it was still being processed saturday, i emailed to say whats the point of paying for express delivery if they cannot complete the order? Main reason was i did not want the wife to know about more stuff as they normally come next day and she was out, i have told her i have seen it for a silly amount as to keep things calm . I know wimping out but i would rather have a quiet life.

5. djb1971

djb1971 Guru

Well, an update from my wiggle thread the other day.

The order didn't arrive until nearly 3.00pm on Friday. I was supposed to be cycling to Wales @ 7.00am on Friday morning!! I couldn't be bothered to go 100+ miles today for just an overnight and to turn around and cycle home tomorrow 100+ miles because I'm working on Monday.

Ta Wiggle

6. It might not all be down to wiggle.

I find royal mail is appalling at times, the nugget postie around here has great difficulty putting mail in the right letter boxes!

7. djb1971

djb1971 Guru

It was Wiggle, they took ages to process.

8. That has happened to me once with wiggle, it was only because the item was not in stock.
    Otherwise 2 to 3 days in my experience (standard delivery)

Maybe your just unlucky:sad:

9. djb1971

djb1971 Guru

fixed :rofl:

10. redddraggon

redddraggon Blondie

I don't buy much from Wiggle these days because of the prices, but I ordered a set of Aksiums a month ago, and they can next day with free delivery

11. Russdee

Russdee New Member

HI,

Finding the same issues with both Chain Reaction and Primeria.

They used to be almost next day or the day after but the former is generally 3 to 4 days and the latter one week plus!

Cheers

Russ

12. Nick_B

Nick_B New Member

I ordered some bar tape Wednesday lunchtime and it arrived (free) on Friday.

13. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

Ordered Sunday and paid, still not processed .

Very bad way to work, both items are in stock when i ordered as well.

14. ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL New Member

All of my recent orders have arrived next day on the free delivery service, I must be lucky. :sad:

15. OP
    OP
    e-rider

e-rider crappy member

So it's not just me then.

It appears to be a development of the last 3 weeks.

I've now been waiting 1 week for an item that had 10+ in stock and it's not even been processed yet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice