Wiggo's comments on drugs doubters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
The more i read his comments in that press conference, the more and more it sounds like the sort of inarticulate Armstrong-style counterattack of someone who has something to hide.
Wiggo is probably clean - who knows. I certainly hope he is.
But a real anti-doper welcomes cynicism, not attacks it.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I don't see what the problem is - it was a pretty dickheaded question anyway.

They don't go to all the athletics championships and ask if they're all on drugs relentlessly, do they?

And you must have done next to no research if you are surprised by Wiggins giving such a response - that's what they wanted him to do.

yello

I thought at first was another expletive laden response... then I saw the date on the report. He made reference to it today when asked after the stage, and he was laughing it off. For a guy who claims to not like the cameras, he does a pretty darned good job of it!

The more i read his comments in that press conference, the more and more it sounds like the sort of inarticulate Armstrong-style counterattack of someone who has something to hide.

Wiggo's up to his eyeballs in it donchaknow? He's leading the TdeF and as has been established here with Lance Armstrong, if you're winning the TdeF you must be doping. And as if we needed any more evidence he's only gone and denied it. What more can you say? ;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
He'd just come off riding a full stage, I think he held back as best he could in the face of a cynical, cowardly question (The reporter just lays the blame at the tweeters, when he should have had the balls to ask the question outright)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
So this is a thread started about something we have already spoken about? By someone looking for some sensation? What a <enter a word that Bradley would use> :laugh:

Are you thinking of a specific Wig-word or any one of the many he used?

shoot
farking self-gratification artist
daffodil
Arse

Were there any others...

iLB

Hello there
"You can't blame people for doubting the Tour's credibility for years ahead." Wiggins after his team got chucked off le tour in 2007, he obviously forgot what he said the other day.

Thomk

Guru
Does it? Not to me and I can't see where you're coming from at all. Why should he welcome cynicism? He is clean and does not deserve any form of innuendo unless evidence is forthcoming.

Top Bottom