Will i fit

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Young Un, 17 Jun 2008.

1. Young Un

Young Un New Member

I was looking at the decathlon b'twin sport 2 road bike and was wondering if i will fit on the smallest size frame a 54cm.

i am 13 5'8" or 5'9" need to get my height checked lol and have an inside leg of 29"

2. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Should do. I'm a little smaller then you(i'm a short arse) and the medium Giant fits me. Thats about a 54cm if i remember right. You might be able to go slightly larger if you wanted, which i would be tempted to. But then i could be wrong. Wait no, the next size will be too big i think.
    Best thing is to sit on it and see how stretched out or cramped you feel. Hard to do in Decathlon because you cant take it for a test ride. They probably wont mind you riding it around the shop though, they dont mind kids trying on the scuba gear and walking around in that. :ohmy:
    Thats a good deal though. Campag on a £300 bike? That int bad. Dont see the need for all those gears though. :tongue:

3. yello

yello Legendary Member

Sounds about right but give it a go.

4. OP
    OP
    Young Un

Young Un New Member

next size up is 57cm

i am riding a loaned bike for the first time tonight (see photo gallery)

i think if i have measured correctly(from the centre of the crank to where the top tube joins/where the saddle post ends) and that is around 54cm and i fit fine on that

5. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Now then Young Un, get yourself logged onto here. and prepared to get hooked properly and do even more miles and have an excuse to do it aswell :becool:

6. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

What do you want to do with your bike, young 'un?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice