will my patch hold???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

just a question, i patched an innertube, as iamwaiting for 2 slime tubes to arrive, question is "will my patch hold at 110 psi for a couple ofdays, it seems to be stuck ok,and its been pumped up for a day or so with out loss of air, but i havent tried it on an outing yet?
thank you

I pump my tubes up to around 110psi no problem like you I usually pump the fix ones up and if they stay up use them :smile:

Tynan

Veteran
I've run tubes with 12 patches

if they're the good patches, the feathered reno ones and the proper glue and you do them right they're stronger then the original tube in my experince

why bother with slime, searchthe forum and read how much people hate them

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

I've run tubes with 12 patches

if they're the good patches, the feathered reno ones and the proper glue and you do them right they're stronger then the original tube in my experince

why bother with slime, searchthe forum and read how much people hate them

people hate slime....great just bought 2 off them....lesson to be learnt here........search the forums !!

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

well....it lasted myjourney to and from work, but i got myslime tubes today, so in went them, and my new 23's tyres with yellow sides, looks cool

potsy

Rambler
well....it lasted myjourney to and from work, but i got myslime tubes today, so in went them, and my new 23's tyres with yellow sides, looks cool

It'll look even cooler once the slime starts coming out
whistling.gif
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

What tyres did you get in the end?
The tubes might be OK just don't seem well rated on here,especially with the pressures a 23 tyre will run at.

i got these tyres

Schwalbe Lugano Road Tyre
they have a good reviews by various people, so i got the yellow ones.
on the wiggle sight, many many ppl thought the slime tubes where great, thats why i got them, but time will tell.

hows you doing then?

Fattman

ha ha.....i paid for them so i'm using them, i will get proper tubes next time....what a noob i am lol

Hey! Don't feel bad about Slime! I got a pair to save me from the commute through London. Within a fortnight I got a sidewall-shredding cut and had the pleasure of trying to change the inner while everything (and I mean *everything*) got covered in bright green slime. In the rain. :|

Oh, hold on... that didn't sound so positive after all
whistling.gif

(all that said, I reckon in a straight in/out cut where you can prise the guilty object out of the tyre, they really might actually work! - good luck!)

PpPete

Legendary Member
[quote name='swee'pea99' timestamp='1280229390' post='1342401']
As Tynan says, a properly patched tyre is every bit as sound as a brand new one.
[/quote]

Used to feel that way.... no longer sure. A hot rim from much braking on a long twisty descent may weaken the glue, resulting in a flat just when you don't want one.
Heat needed to soften glue seems much less than that needed to damage a brand new tube IME.

After an unpleasant experience last weekend on the Honister I'll no longer set off on a ride with a patched tube. Still carry a PRK though, as well as 2 spare tubes "just in case"

Tynan

Veteran
Luganos are good tyres if you want fast and light but ever so slightly puncture prone, I've riden them for months without problems but then had rashes of flats

long twisty descents are something to worry about if you have them I suppose

Top Bottom