Win a Brompton!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I built my bike, 6 speeds, SON dynomo hub, ortlieb bag and transport bag. Comes to a grand total of £335. Either something is broken, or I've already won and that's my delivery charge.

CaptainWheezy

Über Member
So I built my bike, 6 speeds, SON dynomo hub, ortlieb bag and transport bag. Comes to a grand total of £335. Either something is broken, or I've already won and that's my delivery charge.

I think the site is broken. Its been saying "Pricing temporarily unavailable" for me for a couple of weeks now which is really annoying since I'm wanting to spec up a bike for my wife. Can't even find an email address on their website to contact them to find out when or if it will be fixed, pretty poor really.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I had a go, clonky website as noted above, but it said my entry has been accepted.

Forgot the Brooks saddle.

Never mind, I suppose in the circumstances it wouldn't hurt me to pay for that.

I think the site is broken. Its been saying "Pricing temporarily unavailable" for me for a couple of weeks now which is really annoying since I'm wanting to spec up a bike for my wife. Can't even find an email address on their website to contact them to find out when or if it will be fixed, pretty poor really.
I get the impression if you go to a registered brompton dealer with your build number, they can tell you the price. Of course, it doesn't help decide between options if you can't get different prices, but it's a start.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Competition on their website. I'm only letting you lot know as I never win anything so it's not really diluting my frankly p*ss-poor chances. Apparently it's already been running for a while, few weeks left, winner a week.

http://www.brompton.com/News/Posts/2015/Build-And-Win

If you win from this link you owe me £50 or I'll punch you in the face

I'll be withholding this for your own good. You'll only spend it on beer.

I just spotted another Brompton competition but get your entries in ASAP because it finishes at 23:59, Friday 19th August, 2016.

It says the 18th on the competition page, but the terms and conditions say that the competition closes tomorrow night (Friday).

Competition link.

Good luck!
Looks like it did close yesterday.

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 10.14.46.jpg

Here's another Brompton competition - HURRY - closes on the 13th Jan 2017.
Thanks.

Just to save people a click, it's worth mentioning it's a photo competition, and it seems to win your photo had better feature a Brompton.

Also, it contains a spelling error I have never seen before. I've often seen "your" when they meant "you're", but until now, I've never seen it the other way. Also, it's apparently been there since November without getting fixed.
Show us what you're city has to offer

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks.

Just to save people a click, it's worth mentioning it's a photo competition, and it seems to win your photo had better feature a Brompton.

Also, it contains a spelling error I have never seen before. I've often seen "your" when they meant "you're", but until now, I've never seen it the other way. Also, it's apparently been there since November without getting fixed.
I much prefer competitions like that, with a real element of skill. I have won about £5,000 worth of prizes in them over the years, compared with only about £200 worth in simple prize draw competitions.

It's a fair comment though with such short notice to come up with an interesting photograph.

I wondered about the Brompton angle too! It would be a bit unfair to insist that a Brompton be featured, especially since most people trying to win one are probably doing it because they do NOT own one! Normally, competition terms and conditions are displayed but I didn't spot any for this one.

Top Bottom