Windproof gloves for a child with numb fingers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CKK

Hi I'm new to the forum.

I'm looking for some windproof/warm gloves for my boy who's 8 years old.

He's always had extreamly cold fingers & toes and we're cycling to school now, this morning it was a little frosty, I was ok but he was in tears cos his fingers were numb and painful.

Any help and advice would be appreciated on a brand of gloves to buy.

Cheers Claire x:biggrin:

Downward

Guru
Tried the ones from Aldi for a few ££ ??

Willow

how about some of those little hand warmers tucked in the one's he has I would suggest wear them on top of hand so he still has controll of the handle bars. alternatively get some thermal gloves, chop the end of the fingers off ie the too big bit and put cycling ones over the top.

alp1950

Willow said:
how about some of those little hand warmers tucked in the one's he has I would suggest wear them on top of hand so he still has controll of the handle bars. alternatively get some thermal gloves, chop the end of the fingers off ie the too big bit and put cycling ones over the top.

No matter how good the glove, we've found (at least when skiing) that you have to use handwarmers to prevent tears in kids susceptible to cold fingers. Cost will mount if used every day. Nevertheless they work well & do prevent tears in wee ones (you also get handwarmers for feet). You can get rechargeable ones (boil them and activate by snapping disc) which would be cheaper but we haven't found them as good as the air activated (one-shot) ones that look like teabags & work by the oxidation of iron. However as the trip is likely to be short and the temperature less extreme it may be that the rechargable ones would work for you.

Top Bottom