Wine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Is that why your head is spinning, Hover Fly:wacko:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember Barsac! For a sweet white, it's very nice; as is a chilled (:wacko:) Sauternes.

I bought some alcohol-free red wine last weekend out of curiosity, as the label claimed that there was no difference in taste to the 'real' stuff! Load of bollox! :biggrin: It was crap. Didn't want to waste it, though, so I added some cold vodka to it for a 'kick'! :angry:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Hover Fly said:
Mme. HF has brought some of her Barsac over, anyone fancy a glass with their breakfast? She's brought some of her cousins St. Emillion as well if any one would prefer red?

Yes sher couzinn is svery nice, as she got ennymore coussinnns, and swot r they callt? hic :becool:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Is this the wine thread? I'll have a glass of Cotes du Rhone villages s'il vous plait!!! My digibox 'forgot' to take stage 19 so I'm a bit gutted and taking it out on the wine bottle!! Wino style.

postman

Legendary Member
I am just attacking a bottle of red my other half did not fancy after opening it.May get a little nostalgic later.

Cathryn said:
Is this the wine thread? I'll have a glass of Cotes du Rhone villages s'il vous plait!!! My digibox 'forgot' to take stage 19 so I'm a bit gutted and taking it out on the wine bottle!! Wino style.

Repeated later tonight I think.

longers

Legendary Member
Was it Walker who wondered "how much is this dodgy old bottle of plonk worth?",

My lodger did something similar , a ten year old bottle of Tesco's vino da tavola that had been stored upright and turned a very ureac shade of yellow. Two bottles in fact. We did try one of them and took a wild guess that the second might taste a bit similar and poured them both down the sink.

At least he learnt some Italian from the experience :sad:.

Top Bottom