wireless computer with temperature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ch3

I think temperature is a nice information to have while riding. I used to have this trek one but unfortunately it was stolen along with my old bike. I am now looking to get a new one, but I am now looking for a wireless, as the cable of the old one snapped after a year.

Has anyone used this VELOMANN?
Any others to recommend, because it seams temperature and wireless is not a popular combination.

thank you

Will1985

Über Member
I think the Sigma BC2006 has also got temperature. JensR (recently registered here having been on C+) has whichever one it is.

Someone told me that the Garmin Edges which have a barometric altimeter can in theory tell you the temperature but I never found out how.

Sorry can't help on the Velomann one.

JensR

Über Member
Will1985 said:
I think the Sigma BC2006 has also got temperature. JensR (recently registered here having been on C+) has whichever one it is.

Someone told me that the Garmin Edges which have a barometric altimeter can in theory tell you the temperature but I never found out how.

Sorry can't help on the Velomann one.

Yep the BC2006 does have temperature - it's calculated using the altimeter holes underneath the computer, although I find it overestimates when in the sun and not moving.

The Sigma also comes with a heart rate monitor (albeit quite simple - an average and current reading).

I did at one point have problems with the transmitter which I believe were caused by my not inserting a new battery correctly. Then I didn't have the tool with me to take the battery cover off and managed to break one of the contacts :tongue: - had to buy a new transmitter.

But I reckon £60~ is a fair price for the computer - IIRC it was closer to £100 when it came out.

Jens

OP
OP
C

ch3

Will1985 > The sigma looks very good, with loads of features, but is probable a little too expensive for me. Also after reading a few reviews, it seems it has some problems with battery life and transition problems.
The Garmin Edges GPS are cool, but again way above my budget. Also as far as I know, their battery only lasts for 8 hours, which would make them impractical for a long cycling tour.

PatrickPending > This one looks more interesting than the sigma one, but still way beyond my budget. But maybe I convince my self to spend more. Will see.

Downward > So what exactly is that lidl one? Can't really find many specs about it on the internet. The price is way lower from the other similar competitors. What is the catch?

Thank you for your time

ch3 said:
Will1985 > The sigma looks very good, with loads of features, but is probable a little too expensive for me. Also after reading a few reviews, it seems it has some problems with battery life and transition problems.
The Garmin Edges GPS are cool, but again way above my budget. Also as far as I know, their battery only lasts for 8 hours, which would make them impractical for a long cycling tour.

PatrickPending > This one looks more interesting than the sigma one, but still way beyond my budget. But maybe I convince my self to spend more. Will see.

Downward > So what exactly is that lidl one? Can't really find many specs about it on the internet. The price is way lower from the other similar competitors. What is the catch?

Thank you for your time

I don't think there is a catch, I've bought a fair bit of stuff from Lidl and never had a problem with any their goodies;)

Downward

Guru
Lidl may sell it again September time (Got mine then I'm sure) Wireless its got Heart Rate Monitor, Temp, Av Speed, Current Speed, OD, Trip Distance, Trip Time. Max and Min HR and Temp.

beachcaster

I bought a Wireless Bikemate from Aldi and it cost around £12
has heartrate, temperature and 100s of other bits of info.
I just need to go on a 3 week course to learn how to use it !!!!!!

barry

Top Bottom