Without a home as winter approaches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
As it is getting colder, I have noticed an increase in the homeless in this town. They seem to lurk in shops, making themselves comfortable in chairs or on sofas. Some even sit on tables. They gather in little groups for company, and seem to have no material possessions.

I try not to catch their eye. They are all so nervous that they do not speak. I have noticed that they have a fixed expression, is this because of their lifestyle and do they keep secret what they have seen?

I have sometimes asked the staff in the shop if the homeless ones are fed properly, but I am usually greeted with puzzlement - it is obviously not the responsibility of the shop to feed them. Or sometimes my question provokes laughter.

I have to try very hard to ignore them, even those with a happy smiling face. I really would like to take some of them home with me, but it would be extremely difficult, I really do not have the room in my home, however desperate they are. :biggrin: I just hope that someone else is very kind, and finds them a home.

I have already got lots of teddy bears, large ones and small ones.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I thought this was a post about the people who sit outside pubs drinking all day when the weather is nice, as it has been today.

bonj2

a lot of "homeless" people aren't actually homeless at all. Some probably are, but not all. They're just a bit poor, and aren't too proud to beg. You can actually get quite a bit begging, as if you look like a non-druggie then a lot of people have a lot of sympathy. Who misses the odd quid?

bonj2

teddy bears that ARE hobos, i thought?

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
LLB said:
Are we talking about Teddy Bears or Hobos Speicher ?

:ohmy: Teddy bears, like wot is says on the last line of the OP.:biggrin:

The Teddy bears "lurk" in shops, like gift shops, card shops even Antique shops, (which I do not go in very often).

It was meant as a light-hearted thread for a Sunday evening. ;)

LLB

Speicher said:
:blush: Teddy bears, like wot is says on the last line of the OP.:smile:

The Teddy bears "lurk" in shops, like gift shops, card shops even Antique shops, (which I do not go in very often).

It was meant as a light-hearted thread for a Sunday evening. :smile:

Ah, My sister gave my daughters a Steiff bear each when she got married as they were her bridesmaids (they were about 6 & 9 at the time, so it went down well).

We have about a zillion TYs in the loft waiting to be Ebay'd as well ;)

cchapman

They also lurk in chemist shops, sporting memorabilia shops, and sideshows at agricultural fairs. Is it true they were invented by American president T,E,Rooseveldt? Or was it his daughter Eleanor?

Top Bottom