Witnessed a SMIDSY collision this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
... on a car!

Young lady drive up the inside lane with stationary cars queuing in the outside lane. Someone flashed an oncoming car to turn right, and he just crossed both lanes, so the young lady went into the side of him. Good grief, if they can't notice a car with dipped headlights, what chance have I got?

It's a classic. The right turner was in the wrong, but I think the young lady will learn something from it.

Anyway, her dad was coming to help her out, so I left my number. He's a police officer, and was pleased when I sent him a video of the incident. (Must find out which bit of the local police he works in.)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
YouTube or it didn't happen!

OP
OP
MrHappyCyclist

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
So was she undertaking traffic do you think to skip the queue or going a different way at a junction up ahead?
I think the queue was behind a right turning car, but couldn't swear to it. A court could conclude contributory negligence on the part of the young lady.

Something i found interesting was how different things appear on the video compared to my memory. I knew from a theoretical point of view that eyewitness testimony is very unreliable, but this really illustrated it for me.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
if the road is normally used as 2 lanes then 100% in favour of the KA, if its not then 70/30 in favor of the KA. knowing my luck this will land on my desk tomorrow at work! lol

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Bet the insurers settle for 50:50
And the one that caused the collision, the" warmfuzzyfeelinghunter" who did the flashing just drives off as if it was nothing to do with them! :-(

And the one that caused the collision, the" warmfuzzyfeelinghunter" who did the flashing just drives off as if it was nothing to do with them! :-(

And technically has a legal right to exchange details too!

:EDIT: Replace right with 'responsibily', 'duty' or any other word that makes it clear that you have to whether you want to or not!!!

The last time I witnessed a rtc, was when a WVM went straight on to rab, with good visibility and straight into the side of a Volvo Estate, but I never videoed it. I gave my details but they never got back to me, so I guess the WVM must have stood by his statement that he was 100% to blame, at least he done something right!

400bhp

Guru
Ka driver was going far too fast, which I think was your point about the young lady learning from the incident.

It's a 2 lane road.

Top Bottom