Women's shorts - gel inserts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluebell72

I am puzzled!

I have some altura 'synergy' shorts which have been great, and as Wiggle have a sale on, I ordered some new.
These synergy shorts seem to be slightly different in that the gel pad is positioned further towards protecting the sit bones, and though I've tried them on, I'm not thinking that they're going to be as good for a long ride.

Why mess with the positioning? :angry:

I was thinking of perhaps cutting the pad out of my older shorts and sewing it inside as a 'double thickness' ? Not sure. Has anyone done this?

I had some dHB shorts before, and the pad in those was a different shape, I cut the legs down, so they were more like knickers, and put them on with a new pair of shorts on a long ride, but after about 10 miles, had to remove the cut-offs, as the two pads were sliding together and getting rucked up, I would have had a blister on both inner thighs, owch.

I hate it when I find a product I like and then the manufacturer/designer meddles with it.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
I remember seeing some padded cycling underwear for women and men. I never tried them tough

Fiona N

Veteran
I think you basically have to know what suits you - what is it about a particular pair of shorts which suits you - then look for the same even if it's not the same maker.

It's like me and Gore Bike Wear. I love their longs and 3/4 but don't find their shorts nearly as comfortable as Giordana and I've come to realise it's the cut of the Gore shorts legs just doesn't really do it for me. I'm not long-legged but they seem too short so I know now to look for longer women's shorts with lots of panels.

Top Bottom