Worn out but straight 26"x1.5"ish / 559x35mm ish tyre, Oxford [ NOW SORTED - THANKS :) ]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I have a problem with one of my bikes that's killed two new (but deformed) tyres by rolling them off the rim and breaking their beads.

I'm trying to isolate the problem to either the deformed tyre or the rim so am looking for an otherwise-dead tyre to trial-fit to see if it suffers the same fate.

Since I suspect it might be the tyre's deformation that's causing the issue the "test tyre" must be straight, but I'm not bothered if it's got no tread left / is cosmetically nasty etc. All I want it for is to ride 5-10 miles to see if it stays on the rim, before either replacing it with a better one or looking at replacement rim options depending on the outcome.

Ta ;)

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Pretty sure I have at least one (maybe more) discarded 26" tyre which are sound but no longer used. I'll check and confirm if you're still interested - I'm afraid you'll have to collect using appropriate distancing measures.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Pretty sure I have at least one (maybe more) discarded 26" tyre which are sound but no longer used. I'll check and confirm if you're still interested - I'm afraid you'll have to collect using appropriate distancing measures.
Thanks - that's very much appreciated!

Totally appreciate both points and wouldn't expect anything other tbh :smile:

Top Bottom