Worst commute ever!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Go into the basement and i find a company has put a lil flyer on each of the bikes saying give us a call and we will come and give your bike a service there and then. I think oh thats sweet. and put it in my bag. go to get on my bike, and i got a rear puncture. Tyre was fine this morning and didn't look any worse when i got into work.

So i take the wheel off and get the tyre leavers out. for some unknown reason i can't get the damn tyre off. so i take it to the new cycle surgery shop in great portland street. a nice guy there helped me get it off and replaced my tube and put it back together. he also showed me that my axle was broken. What a damn coincidence that this flyer is on my bike and i have a broken axle and a flat tyre.

anyway the tyre is fixed and i'm off home, an hour later than usual. Going down regent street when i hit a bump, and something goes flying off my bike into the other side of the road. i look around my bike and it's my computer, i didn't fit the bastard thing properly and it's gone!!! Luckily i found it and was back on my way...

Rest of the trip was fine, until i started to get into croydon, i had 2 people overtake me and turn left straight away. i had 1 van driver slam on his brakes to let someone cross the road NEXT to a toucan crossing. 2 drivers pull out from side roads without looking. and a punch of youths just cycled right across the road without giving a toss about me.

All in all. one of my fastest commutes home. but thats probably due to the anger over the whole journey and me getting out the saddle.

Tynan

Veteran
it was odd today

I had a stoopid great 4x4 squeeze me so close that the car body touched my right hand and the following car hit his horn

And I stopped quite smartly at a zebra crossing in Leytonstone, a second later a bloke I'd just passed on an MTB sailed inches to my right past me catching me in the right kidneys with his left hand/barend, fortunately he stopped 10 feet over the crossing to say sorry or it might have got ugly, i think he said, 'sorry, no brakes'

Jake

oh dear, not too good. Good that you got home more or less in one piece.
Do you fly up through brixton btw?

good trips here, although getting very tired of late towards end of week. no energy. bike in for service saturday.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Jake said:
oh dear, not too good. Good that you got home more or less in one piece.
Do you fly up through brixton btw?

good trips here, although getting very tired of late towards end of week. no energy. bike in for service saturday.

Yeah, i go up through brixton. i follow the a23 from the oval to croydon.

I'm going to contact the management of the building tomorrow and see if i can find out how they were attached to my bike. A security guard saw me taking my wheel off etc.. as well so they know i was there. Cameras are all over the place so hopefully there is some evidence.

stoofer

Where was the flyer advertising? I work near there, would like to know what to void..

karlos_the_jackal

Work in progress
Well, one day off the bike first time in about 6 days.

Train cancelled
Tube delays
So walked it

That just reminds me that the worst commute will alway sbe with public transport. Luckily thats what my boss takes and he was late also.

Top Bottom