Worst. Commute. Ever.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
1. Overslept.
2. Despite rushing, missed train.
3. Got on next train, realised in rush I had forgotten my train pass - well, I hope that's the case and it hadn't fallen out of my pocket, along with my credit and debit card, on the way. Fortunately wasn't fined.
4. After arriving at Derby station, 100 meters down the road I realised I left my brand f***ing new glasses on the train.
5. East Midlands Trains website is down, can't call them until I get to work. Call them, their lost property option diverts you to thetrainline.com indian call centre. WTF.
6. Look up landline on saynoto0870.com. Call them to find I'd just missed them catching the train at it's final destination to call the driver to collect them. Considering my previous incidents leaving stuff on trains, they are now gone forever.

It could only have been worse if it had started to rain. And then got run over. And then my corpse interfered with.

Strick

I'm sorry, but have to admit to having a chuckle at the last 6 words of your post.
Hope your day improves.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
It could have been worse, you could have arrived at work only to realise it was Saturday.

done that!

twice!
blush.gif

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
It could have been worse, you could have arrived at work only to realise it was Saturday.

It could have been worse than that. You could have arrived at work only to realise it was a Saturday, only to realise that due to project mismanagement you have to work Saturday anyway.

True story.

..............And then my corpse interfered with.

On the other hand someone else has a really good day :whistle:

Sorry to hear that bud, I've left brand new glasses before and its gutting. Spend a month picking and ordering the dam things only to lose them on the fist day :angry::rolleyes:

007fair

1. Overslept.
2. Despite rushing, missed train.
3. Got on next train, realised in rush I had forgotten my train pass - well, I hope that's the case and it hadn't fallen out of my pocket, along with my credit and debit card, on the way. Fortunately wasn't fined.
4. After arriving at Derby station, 100 meters down the road I realised I left my brand f***ing new glasses on the train.
5. East Midlands Trains website is down, can't call them until I get to work. Call them, their lost property option diverts you to thetrainline.com indian call centre. WTF.
6. Look up landline on saynoto0870.com. Call them to find I'd just missed them catching the train at it's final destination to call the driver to collect them. Considering my previous incidents leaving stuff on trains, they are now gone forever.

It could only have been worse if it had started to rain. And then got run over. And then my corpse interfered with.

there will be days like these but that doesn't make then any easier

IN BOLD - I think that would have tipped me over the edge :angry:

Can't see a bike in there anywhere .. i take you didn't leave that lying as well

Its a while now since I commuted by train but a few times I left my pannier in the overhead rack :blush: The last time they rung the guard (or whatever they do) to find it wasn't on the train :sad: However, some helpful soul had took it off and drove to the station where I got off to return it. Talk about causing an unnecessary carbon footprint but I got my pannier back :becool:

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
JOYOUS NEWS!

My glasses have been recovered!

And they are going to be waiting for me at Derby station for my journey home!

Knowing my luck they'll be some old blokes £10 boots reading specs. I'll still wear them!

Christopher

Über Member
It could have been worse than that. You could have arrived at work only to realise it was a Saturday, only to realise that due to project mismanagement you have to work Saturday anyway.

True story.
Dude that's painful. Glad about yer glasses tho'

Top Bottom