Worth shopping around...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As in a previous post of mine, I recently went clipless.
I already had a set of SPD pedals and was surfing thew net for a pair of entry level SPD shoes (trainer type) and like the look of the Shimano MT32's.
The site I was looking at had a note saying "please note that Shimano shoes are smaller".
So, off I tolled to the LBS - not mentioning any names but it's the name of a large city in East Scotland followed by "Cycle" - and had a look at the MT32's. They were right, I am a size 11 (46) and needed a 47.
The price at the LBS was £58.75...so I decided to leave for now.
The following day I went back on the net to that site again, and the price for the MT32's was only £34.99 with the RRP at £45 and that was with free delivery... so where did the LBS get it's price from if the RRP is £45???

Bleedin rip off that's what it is!

OK so you do hear of some people being ripped off using on-line suppliers, but as long as you check the T's & C's for returns then you should be OKAY

Happy cycling people.

T

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Keep in mind that many on-line suppliers operate out of warehouses in low overhead environments where are your LBS will almost certainly be in a high rent/tax/property value location and thus wil have to mark up prices to meet his or her over heads.

That said I do most of my shopping on-line now.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I spend about 50 % online and 50 % at my LBS. I recently paid £ 12 more in my local LBS than I could have got online. My LBS is excellent and over the years given me loads of free advice, always been helpful and when I had forgotten my wallet given me an item on the basis of me paying for it next time I came in.

Something you could never get online.