Would You Be Here Today If You Hadn't Been Wearing A Helmet?

A Helmet Did/Didn't Save My Life

• I'm only alive because I wore a helmet

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • I would be a cabbage it it wasn't for my helmet

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I don't wear a helmet and I'm still alive

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • I don't wear a helmet and now I'm a cabbage

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't wear a helmet and .....yup, I have a pulse so I must be alive.

rowan 46

Über Member
I wear a lid and it hasn't saved my life, I got a nasty crack on the head from a low branch once and the helmet saved me. But to be truthful I only hit it because I didn't factor in the extra height of the helmet.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I wear a lid and it hasn't saved my life, I got a nasty crack on the head from a low branch once and the helmet saved me. But to be truthful I only hit it because I didn't factor in the extra height of the helmet.

So in fact the helmet was to blame ? :thumbsup:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
That I am participating in a helmet thread speaks volumes about the amount of brain damage I suffered despite wearing a helmet.... :wacko:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
went over sideways, seven inch crack in pelvis, seven inch crack in helmet.

Given up wearing them, though

I took a high-speed tumble (well, at 40 kph) after getting a wobble on my bike (towing a Bob Yak) and landed on my head first, then shoulder.

The helmet was heavily damaged and I walked away with just a broken collar bone.

I have no doubt that I avoided serious injury by wearing it.

No - since I started wearing a hemet 15years ago I have never been involved in an incident that was severe enough to test the life saving properties of a helmet - however, I have had 5 incidents where the helmet has come into play where if i had not been wearing it I am certain that I would have required hospital treatment - as it was - I was able to get up, dust myself off, check the damage to the rest of me and continue on my way

I am also certain that I am not the only person who has avoided injury in this manner - no hospital = no accident statistic - to quote a friend of mine who works in road safety "who sees trees falling in the forest"

david k

Hi
No - since I started wearing a hemet 15years ago I have never been involved in an incident that was severe enough to test the life saving properties of a helmet - however, I have had 5 incidents where the helmet has come into play where if i had not been wearing it I am certain that I would have required hospital treatment - as it was - I was able to get up, dust myself off, check the damage to the rest of me and continue on my way

I am also certain that I am not the only person who has avoided injury in this manner - no hospital = no accident statistic - to quote a friend of mine who works in road safety "who sees trees falling in the forest"

so statistics are only provided by those whos injury is severe enough to warrent a visit to the hospital

so statistics are only provided by those whos injury is severe enough to warrent a visit to the hospital

off course - I did not tell anybody - and I doubt most people in the same circumstances rush round to their local helmet stat wizard to register

all the reputable studies are based on hospital/ police (although the older police figures tend to be be a bit ropey) stats the others are just guesswork/conjecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom