Would you have...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Only bits of it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Yeah, I would. There are a couple of boyfriends I wish I hadn't gone out with.

I know your experiences make you who you are etc but I wish I'd used my
20s better. When I look back, I wasn't true to myself and was too easily impressed with the cool people.

I guess that's growing up though - being confident in who you are, rather than wishing you were someone different. I wish I'd known that 10 years ago.

Blue

Legendary Member
No. I'm very happy with my life as it is at this time and if I had done anything differently I may not have reached the place I now occupy - if you get my drift.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
At the moment no.
I spend all the time i wont cycling, dont go to school, and can relax and do what i wont:biggrin:

skmc1955

I wish I,d bought a bike and started touring years ago, instead of fishing, golf, running , astronomy, walking and all the other hobbies I,ve had over the years!

Abitrary

I would have been born in the future when genetic engineering was more viable and 675 clones of me would be sitting in parliment making the laws.

These laws would be enforced by a police force consisting of yet again more mes.

Yes. I wish I'd have done what I was interested in at uni rather than what I was pressured into doing by my parents. I also wish I'd not spent 6 of my most formative years (18 - 25) with a disability which severely curtailed the choices I could make about what I could have done with my life, but I didn't have much choice in the matter unfortunately.

The result of this is all I do now is think of things I'd rather be doing than what I am actually doing, which I will always regard as a compromise. Don't have the money to retrain, unfortunately - it will mean selling my house and starting all over again. Maybe I will one day, but I hope I don't get too old in the meantime.

red_tom

User1314 said:
I wonder what would have happened if I had accepted the offer from The London School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London instead of turning them down and moving to Scotland and living there for 6 years.

I would definitley have been (be?) more sober for a start, I wager.

But probably a lot more stoned. The SOAS union was legendary in its day.

red_tom

I would have done something I was actually interested in at University and would have tried a bit harder when my then mate Ricky Gervais was trying to get me into the comedy he'd just started doing.

Time to carpe the freaking diem guys. :rofl:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I would have taken up cycling earlier, gone to college earlier and not gone to a bricks and mortar university and gone to open uni instead. I'd have visited Italy about 5 or 6 years ago.

I wouldn't change too much;

I wish I had started cycle touring in my late teens, instead of using a bike purely as a means of transport until I got back into cycling four years ago.

I wish I played Australian Rules Football instead of rugby union.

I wish I had travelled more, and leant German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian.

But I strongly believe in fate/karma (call it what you will). Que sera sera!

Don't regret what you've done; regret what you haven't done. :rofl:

Top Bottom