Would you report someone to the Police for breaking Covid rules............

lazybloke

Let's go sledding
Our gathering had three senior healthcare professionals. They were 100% fine with it. I'll take my chances based on likely viral load outdoors with minimum 2m spacing between individuals for an hour or so. It was lovely to have a chat with neighbours we hadn't seen to talk to for months
You had already mentioned their occupations. It doesn't change my point that people are under estimating the risks. Good luck.

Reactions: mjr

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just been up the local park where i'd say between 200 and 300 30 to 40 year olds were up their with their children sledging,snowballing etc. Not a plod in sight! Let's have a bit of consistency eh! You fine a few people having a drink in a pub,yet ignore 200 to 300 not social distancing!!

Rocky

Reprobate
Just been up the local park where i'd say between 200 and 300 30 to 40 year olds were up their with their children sledging,snowballing etc. Not a plod in sight! Let's have a bit of consistency eh! You fine a few people having a drink in a pub,yet ignore 200 to 300 not social distancing!!
The only thing I’d say is that given the virus is transmitted as an aerosol, people outside, or in well ventilated buildings are at less of a risk. That of course doesn’t mean that people should break the law.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The only thing I’d say is that given the virus is transmitted as an aerosol, people outside, or in well ventilated buildings are at less of a risk. That of course doesn’t mean that people should break the law.
Oh it wasn't just sledging etc. No,they had tins of beer (many empties left behind) and there was a smell of cannabis in the air as well!! They are seriously taking the piss!!

Landsurfer

Über Member
I rode for a few miles on a road that borders tier 4 Hampshire and I’m in tier 3 Wiltshire should I turn myself in?
Last Sunday i drove from a T3 area through a T2 area to a T-Scotland area .. and back .... Naughty me ... Work !

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Mod note:

Yet again it seems I need to issue a reminder: We are not doing Covid conspiracy theories on CycleChat. If you wish to make claims about the virus and how it's being handled please provide a link to a reputable source for your information. As ever, Youtube, Facebook and Twitter do not count as reputable sites unless backed up by other sources.

Thankyou.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
During last April, some neighbours in the 'Asbo House' on the street corner (it's had raids by armed police, suspect arrested) near me decided as it was nice sunny day, bollocks to lockdowns so they'd hold a BBQ with about 20 people in the front garden. One of them thought it would be a good idea to race his scrambling motorbike up & down the street, pulling wheelies and not wearing a helmet.

So after 20 mins of a motorbike roaring up & down past my window while I was trying to work, yeah, took pleasure in shopping the feckers. The officer mentioned that they'd already had complaints from others too. It was fun to see about 30 mins later, cops pulling up....^_^.

I live in a mid terrace. One neighbour is 94, now lives with her son, house for sale. My other neighbour is an anti-social twit who's not heard of headphones. Just prior to Xmas, I was watching Friday night telly at about 8pm when suddenly there was a big low-frequency bass rumble coming through the wall as he fired up his stereo. Wind forward to 3am when I got woken up by loud pulsing dance music....one angry CC'r turned up on his doorstep & politely told him to switch the damn thing off or use headphones. He's got a bad memory & so this happens on an annual basis - daft idiot hasn't clocked that loud music at 3-5am is not sociable:cursing:. Since he moved in back in 2014, we've been 'around' to point out he's noisy about 6-7 times. So I'd gladly shop him too.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yes it is. Interestingly in our 20 or so individuals who met outdoor there was a local GP, an anaesthetist at our local hospital, a police sergeant, a dentist and a prison officer. Oh, and a phlebotomist (health worker that takes blood?)

All sensible, all distanced. Enjoying some minimal risk social interaction. The Curtain Twitchers must have missed it.
It seems to me your 'gathering' was in compliance with the regulations.

Each person was legally allowed to be in their street, especially as they were all socially distanced.

I can't see a regulatory problem with you all raising your voices a little to communicate.

Under the latest lockdown, I suppose you could argue standing by your front gate is leaving the house for a non-essential reason.

Although 'exercise' could reasonably be deemed to include going outside for fresh air.

Under any lockdown, there is no problem with being in your front garden, so you could repeat the exercise by all remaining on your property.

theclaud

Broadband Communism Now
It seems to me your 'gathering' was in compliance with the regulations.

Each person was legally allowed to be in their street, especially as they were all socially distanced.

I can't see a regulatory problem with you all raising your voices a little to communicate.

Under the latest lockdown, I suppose you could argue standing by your front gate is leaving the house for a non-essential reason.

Although 'exercise' could reasonably be deemed to include going outside for fresh air.

Under any lockdown, there is no problem with being in your front garden, so you could repeat the exercise by all remaining on your property.
Well I'm sure nickyboy will be relieved he's got the all-clear from Warden Paley. He was just about to dob himself in.

Top Bottom