Would you still buy a TV Licence...

clid61

Veteran
i dont get this " Loss in £30 million in revenue " business . Call me thick but if i had a business losing £30 million I'd have gone under years ago

clid61

Veteran
When did you last a tv licence detector van on your street >?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I am not sure that detector vans ever worked. I believe license “dodgers” are tracked by post code.
Not even tracked. They compare the electoral roll of addresses with their own database of licensed addresses and write intimidating letters to those which are absent from the latter.

Mike_P

Veteran
The BBC continuing to inspire confidence..
Um.."includes". Is that like any list of propective new managers at a football club includes had beens, no hopers and those the fans will immediately turn against.

clid61

Veteran
Has anyone read the bollocks today by David Clementi ,? Virtualually saying no Licence fee will end Englands Moral Fibre , bollocks .Who gives a f888k about telivised royal weddings ? Kids and teenagers use social media not bbc!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Yes I would.

The "review" is a transparent threat to the BBC.

As is dumping the old folks' free licence on to it.

I don't trust Boris with it.

An inch.

Mind you I thought Blair and Campbell a serious threat to it.

The BBC, despite not being perfect, is one thing we Brits can treasure.

I know a certain amount about Italy.

And got help us if it's ever reduced to the level of RAI.
Lots of rabid pro-brexit loonies on the BBC HYS site one noticed. Really frothing-at-the -mouth closet racists & bigots. One post caught my eye from a bloke who simply stated that to establish a one-party state, first take control of the media. Very true. I don't trust the PM & that bloody advisor of his - Johnson:okay: -.with anything.

Lots of rabid pro-brexit loonies on the BBC HYS site one noticed. Really frothing-at-the -mouth closet racists & bigots. One post caught my eye from a bloke who simply stated that to establish a one-party state, first take control of the media. Very true. I don't trust the PM & that bloody advisor of his - Johnson:okay: -.with anything.
HYS?
I don't worry too much about the odd internet nut.
I do worry about Boris though - not because I think he set out in the world to do bad as such, but because I consider him to be a total opportunist with no core.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
HYS?
I don't worry too much about the odd internet nut.
I do worry about Boris though - not because I think he set out in the world to do bad as such, but because I consider him to be a total opportunist with no core.
What worries me about Boris is that occasionally you catch a look in his eyes that says 'I can't believe I'm PM' rather like those moments in Father Ted where Dougal looks the same, "Ted...I can't believe this is real":ohmy:.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I cancelled my TV licence yesterday. At least I think I did. I tried to cancel my direct debit, but my internet banking website wouldn't let me. Then I got onto the TV licence website and told them I was exempt because I don't watch telly, which I don't. Then I put my telly in the roof space.

Top Bottom