Wow that was wet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It certainly was in Glasgow/Torrance anyway! Some of the country lanes that I cycle on had been turned into rivers 3 or 4 inches deep, there were certainly times that my chain was in the water. One of the main roads I take into work was closed for a time as well due to flooding (Switchback Road). Luckily for me it was opening again as I got there.

Am I moaning about it? Not one bit. It was so wet I just found myself laughing and really enjoying the journey to work! :biggrin:

I must be mad! :wacko:

If I get a chance I'll see if you can make out any video. The lens was probably covered in water!

...sunny here.

;)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Nice & sunny here too (Leeds). Though they predict a downpour late afternoon. Just in time for the homeward commute.

Dilbert

Damp on the road but no rain here this morning either despite the forcast.
Got soaked going home last night though, and tonights forcast is not promising.

fimm

Veteran
Damp in Edinburgh and Livingston this morning - I think all your rain has come through now... I got more use out of my nice red Lidl cycling cape!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

My goodness, are you sure you didn't get the road mixed up with the local river ?

:biggrin:

There were a few places like that. Massive run off from the fields. Great fun! :biggrin:

davefb

Guru
hm

it wasnt wet this morning..

but the mancunain gods of rain seem to have returned :biggrin:...

unless it's thor making a noise because they're filming Captain America just round the corner ?

oh well, nice and muddy last two miles going home :smile:

potsy

Rambler
Just got a good soaking in Stockport,thunder and lightning too
ohmy.gif

Had to stop at one point to put my yellow jacket on and turn on my back light it was that bad,

Roadrunner78

Im north of you, near Aberdeen, and my morning commute home (yep night shift) was a wash out. I had to check behind me then move out from the flooded road side. Soaked through but smiling as i came in for hot tea and my bath... then bed while everyone else has their soaking :smile:. Great stuff!

Top Bottom