Wrinkle-free shirt transport. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Horace Goes Skiing, 4 Mar 2008.

1. Horace Goes Skiing

Horace Goes Skiing New Member

Hello all,

I spotted an Eagle Creek shirt carrier today (link) and wondered if it lives up to the hype. It says it can carry up to 7 work shirts wrinkle-free. Can anyone verify this lofty claim?

I'd love something like this if it really works - I'm getting away with crumpled shirts at the moment 'cos I'm wearing a jumper on top, but when summer comes...;)

Cheers,
    Horace

2. OP
    OP
    Horace Goes Skiing

Horace Goes Skiing New Member

Cheers for the prompt response User - I'll get down the shop tomorrow!

Now, can anyone tell me how to iron a shirt? ;)

3. Maz

Maz Legendary Member

Try those easy-care crease-free shirts. I think they're pretty good.

4. iwf

iwf New Member

User

looks like a really good idea

how do you carry it on the bike?

5. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

I just carry a new shirt in every day, (ironed the night before or a M&S non crease one) in a rucksack.

After a shower, any further creases that may have accrued come out easily.

6. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

skin tight = no creases.

Doesn't apply to trousers though.

7. gavintc

gavintc Guru

I carry tomorrow's shirt neatly folded in a normal rucksack. I find that if it hangs for a day in the office, the creases from a 1 hour commute will fall out. I wear good quality, 100% cotton shirts.

8. RufusA

RufusA Über Member

I like Mr Paul also have one, and it does indeed live up to [most] of the hype.

I bought mine from Penrith Survival Equipment:

http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/pe...a/d/eagle+creek+pack+it+folder+15/pid/1707909

It's a very simple design, but provided you put the minor effort in to folding things, keeps them compact and crease free. Any creases you do get are in a place that's not noticeable.

IMHO one of my better bike purchases, and can also use it for non-bike things (flight bags, suitcases etc).

Rufus.

9. theoriginaldus

theoriginaldus New Member

Luckily my work attire is casual so I don't have worry about wrinkles, but if I did I'd surely wear the shirt like a cape and ride with one hand thrust outwards on the way in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice