wrynose or bust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
Done it last year it was an awesome event run by some great people. This year the fee has increased a bit but I'm still considering it, was a tough old ride (112 mile).

PMB

I did the shorter route last yr but it was a bit main roady for me.

I will try the longer one this yr, which includes more lanes

Garz

Squat Member
Bit of a bump but it's only four weeks away now..
wacko.gif

anyone else considering it?

Fiona N

Veteran
Spent the weekend in Derbyshire - even those short nasty hills showed I don't have the wherewithal for Wrynose - it would be all bust :wacko:

The full route is too much for me (Le Terrier was the same) - I go out to enjoy my cycling not to kill myself.
I did the short one last year - The Bay Dash - really enjoyed it.

Possibly 5 of us doing it again this year.

10 of us did the 100 mile trip to the coast with ColinJ on Sunday just to get the miles in - that was good.

Make contact closer to the day.

We'v got the Over The Edge to look forward to before this one.

Stay upright

Gordon

Garz

Squat Member
OK OldnSlow, however Colin and the boys did mention you are anything but!

I dont think Im as fit as I was last year but shall give it a go again [oh no the pain].
mellow.gif

Garz

Squat Member
Okay, last bump from me as it's only a few days till the event now. Not had an ideal training preparation as I would have liked but anyway hope to bump into some friendly faces.
biggrin.gif

PMB

Not able to do this now as it's my sons last footie match of the season.

Gutted as it's my "local" event

Garz

Squat Member
Last year I wore the CC attire, not sure what I will go with this time but if the forecast stays true then it should be good enough weather not to need to overly wrap-up. I got soaked last year from the off, wet roads made the descents requiring more caution. Three of my friends tackled the bay dash last year and enjoyed it. The sun did show but for the longer event guys who left early doors experienced the rain and morning mists.

Take care at the tow top descent (again), hopefully if wrynose is dry I wont have to weld my hands on the breaks ALL the way! :rofl:

Garz

Squat Member
Absolutely goosed. They altered the last part of the course from last year and made the final section more hillier - doh!

Done over 113 miles, enjoyed it for the main part but paying the price for not putting in more training. How was the Bay Dash then?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Top Bottom