Wussed out this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

Looked out this morning to see a scene from a Hurricane disaster movie, all manner of crap blowing around, horizontal precipitation, feeling a bit crap anyway so went in the nice warm and comfy Saab. Saw one hardy soul on a bike but normally see a lot more.

I am not used to the strong wind, not bothered on the effort front but dont fancy getting blown around with overtaking trucks, not sure what the wind speed was but it was fairly alarming !

Anyone else bottle it, any stratergies for dealing with high winds like that ?

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
I bottled it.

I can't stand the wind at the best of times, and driving rain makes it worse.

hackbike 6

Just about to commute by bike now.

29km headwind sw means a head on.

Chain fixed,is it going to break again?
Mean to drop into Evans and pick up some powerlink chains.

Thanks for reminding me to look this up.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Chicken's........ even off on 'business miles' on the bike this afternoon - going to be a battle on the way home.... Wasn't that bad at all this morning.

Warm car or not - still prefer to cycle. Don't worry, you'll be on the 'loony register' like the rest of us soon......just need a few more months and a winter behind you !!!

You should try riding when the 'real' storms hit - that's fun....colleagues think you've totally lost it..... The bad storms we had in the Spring - I cycled in..biy hairy going over the motorway crossings, but i got to work on time....many people didn't as all the high bridges got closed to vehicles.... ho...ho...ho

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

In my feeble defence, I was kind of trying to stave off a Cold so dosed up on NightNurse and went to bed at 10pm, so woke up groggy and needed a while to come round, probably not advisable cycling when still under the effects of Night Nurse, its enough to knock a horse out, feel way better today though, trouble is by the time Ihad come round it was too late to cycle anyway.

I kind of like the crap weather, makes it feel like an acheivement !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah.... the meds probably knocked you a bit......I went out yesterday with a head cold, and rode to work today....you feel tonnes better after getting out - bit of fresh air..... PS don't go out if it's flu (i.e. temperature aches and pains) - not very good for you.......at all !!!

fofo

I rather enjoyed it this morning - significant lack of part timers jumping reds and slowing me down and a brand new road surface to speed off down

Tharg2007

Veteran
i got to admit i wussed out too, looked out this morning at 6am and it looked bad, so got kids ready, me ready etc, went out and it wasn't so bad, regretted it tbh ;)

surfgurl

I'm just about to head off to work on the bike. I'm wondering how many layers of plastic bags I will need to wrap my work clothes in to keep them dry?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I cycled in, bit of a cross wind. It would take the meetings of at least 2 hurricanes rather than this mornings "mild breeze" to make me consider the bus option. :angry:

When I first got up it was quite horrible, wet and windy but by the time I'd left the flat it was just windy so I deliberately went up the railway path to get a bit of shelter plus the fact its flat and I didn't want to irritate my knee. Looking at the met it was 19mph winds with 37mph gusts.

Plax

Guru
I wussed out today. I cycled yesterday and it took my nearly an hour to cycle just under 9 miles, AND I got blown over. I got home exhaused and soaked through after having perfected the art of cycling with glasses I couldn't see through whilst leaning into the wind to avoid any more sudden offs.
Thought I'd have a rest today :angry:

Top Bottom