www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk RESOURCE WEBSITE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
After nearly 10 years I have decided to pension off the Cycle End-to-End website at the end of September 2019 when my webspace service comes up for renewal.

It's been fun creating it and helping lots of cyclists with information, guidance etc to plan and ride what is arguably the UK's greatest challenge ride.

So, a thank you to everyone that supplied journals, listed their rides and supported the website - if you're contemplating the ride then download anything you want before the closure.

Rob
- webmaster - www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence
Sorry to see the website go. It's a great resource. Thank you Rob for all you've done

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
I'm delighted to announce that the www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk website is NOT now closing.

One of the cycling fora* has stepped in with a generous offer of hosting and technical support to enable the site to continue . . . . it's already moved to the new host :thumbsup:

Over the next few months I plan to update and revitalise the site - some technical changes and some content.

Do please contribute your ride dates, journals etc - and a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that both posted messages and also sent messages direct to me - I'm flattered that the site appears to be so well-received and enjoyed by so many people.

Rob

* have a look at the footer on the website ;) :bicycle:

Tizme

Veteran
Only just seen this, haven't been here for a while, long story, but anyway, so pleased it is not going.

I used it extensively when planning my JOGLE and will be using it again when I (eventually) do a LEJOGLE.

For anyone planning or needing inspiration to do a JOGLE/LEJOG this is the place to go, so thanks Rob, I am sure there are plenty of cyclists who would have been devastated if the site had disappeared.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Thank you for your kind words (and indeed others that have been sent direct to me by PM/email)

Rob

Rocky

Hello decadence
That's really good news @robgul - it's a real mine of information for any potential LEJOGer - I'm pleased it will carry on. Well done @Shaun

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Site is down for a short while (showing an ISP default page) while the domain registration is being moved.

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Just thought I'd kick this back up to the top of the section as it looks like people are starting to plan E2E rides for 2021 . . . loads of resources and ready-made routes . . . why not post your ride dates on the site, and publish your journal if you have one?

Rob

mikeIow

Guru
Thx for this, having a bit of a peruse now ^_^
I actually am planning a couple of spots for rest days (saw a note saying most thought it a bad idea)....partly 'cos I'm playing catch up with pals when they do their last leg from Edinburgh, & partly to stop off at home in the Midlands and have a decent wash :laugh:
Time will tell if that is a daft idea, I can easily imagine not wanting to get back on the bike after a week :whistle::training:

Top Bottom