Wycombe, Bucks ride 5th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lilolee

Veteran
I'm new here and whilst in the Welcome Mat I proposed a smallish ride for those in the Wycombe area on the first Sunday of each month?

That would make it the Sunday 5th June.

So how about Wyevale, Pump Lane, Marlow? That way those from Wycombe side start with a hill and those from Maidenhead end with one if we loop around Wycombe. Something like this http://www.mapmyride...s/view/34256776 which is 30 miles round trip or more if you cycle there. No racing though so we go at the pace of the slowest.

What do you think?

Cheers - Lee

Rebel Ian

I'm new here and whilst in the Welcome Mat I proposed a smallish ride for those in the Wycombe area on the first Sunday of each month?

That would make it the Sunday 5th June.

So how about Wyevale, Pump Lane, Marlow? That way those from Wycombe side start with a hill and those from Maidenhead end with one if we loop around Wycombe. Something like this http://www.mapmyride...s/view/34256776 which is 30 miles round trip or more if you cycle there. No racing though so we go at the pace of the slowest.

What do you think?

Cheers - Lee

Well I'll definitely be there. Is the plan to ride then stop for coffee and cake?! Need to agree a meet time also.

Norm

300m of climbing! Well, at least I know who will be the slowest. :biggrin:

I haven't checked diaries yet but I'll probably tag along and I'm posting in here so it pops up in my watch list. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
lilolee

lilolee

Veteran
Norm

I spotted the ride out from London on Saturday 4th. If I'm up I'll try to get to HPC, otherwise I'll look to meet them when you meet them.

Lee

Munchkin100

I would love to join you, unfortunately can't do 5th June will be on my way back from a wedding up North, can you shout when you arrange the next, would love some company especially if tea and cake is involved :-)

OP
OP
lilolee

lilolee

Veteran
Cake stops are mandatory
biggrin.gif

The garden centre at West Wycombe is a nice one for tea and home made sugary goodness.

Munchkin100

and guys dont worry i will be bringing up the rear only 6 weeks back in the saddle and youth not on my side.... but do i care ..... no... just out for a challenge and a second

gbs

Guru
Second thoughts: trains from London to Marlow do not look to be v convenient. High Wycombe is not much better. Any thoughts as to other start points?

Top Bottom