Yeah I'm mad but I WILL restore it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
I'll read the uploading photo notes next time!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10646670@N06/3755272315/

thats near enough!

10 years under a hedge
done
done

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
You've got a job on there mister

Aha! Now I see it! Before you do anything else dismantle the headset and front suspension to check that the steerer tube hasn't rotted through at the crown, water gets in and can't get out. A friend of mine spent a fortune and much time restoring a Deluxe in better nick than yours only to have the fork fall off when he took it for a test ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
too much red... definately needs a new paint job

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Thanks for the moral support chaps... thing I'm going to need it.
That pic was taken two weeks ago .. so far the down side is ...err everything ...
saddle stem seized, bar stem seized, brake levers seized, shifter seized
SA 4 speed hub knackered, rusty spokes, axle useless, cotter pins seized,
rear mudguard disintegrated when touched, rear fork bolt stripped and seized, all carrier bolts seized ermmm, the upside is.... errr nothing except after a weeks work, a tin of plusgas, lots of heat and a hacksaw most of the above is sorted. The paint on the rims protected them from major rust and the front forks seem ok ( thanks Mickle ) I'll post another pic next week by which time I hope to have made better progress. BTW Got the Moulton Spaceframe Book ex library for £2.50 !!! one just went on E bay for £113.. yippeee!!!

We've got a Bradford made Speed Six in similar condition (plus half a dozen more Moulton's) but none of us can be bothered to restore it. It's currently used as a hanger for drying wet cycling gear.

Please don't tell the Moulton owners club or they might hack me off enough to give it a damn good coat of Hammerite:biggrin:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
bagpuss said:
I like your Lenton and the Claud.I have also posted a couple of invites to some groups.

Thanks Bagpuss, I'd be pleased to join! that 54 Allrounder is a joy to ride - maybe its just me but I "fit" 50'd machines ...BTW love that Sunbeam!!!

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Hilldodger said:
We've got a Bradford made Speed Six in similar condition (plus half a dozen more Moulton's) but none of us can be bothered to restore it. It's currently used as a hanger for drying wet cycling gear.

Please don't tell the Moulton owners club or they might hack me off enough to give it a damn good coat of Hammerite:biggrin:

Dammit ... too late told them...:biggrin:

Where are you. I'm on my way with my cheque book!!

Top Bottom